"Youve gotta be kidding!"Government to tax rainwater? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

"Youve gotta be kidding!"Government to tax rainwater?

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
I thought some one had got April Fools jokes dates all wrong and stuff.....but.....yep.....checked me herald Sun......
Jesus,Mary and St.Joseph!
This is beauracracy goin way over the odds........Thjose over qualified under experienced over-paid bloody monkey barstards taxin RAINWATER?
Geez Australia....wake up and please put an end to this MADNESS! :mad:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I wonder how long it will be before they decide that we're a bit low on oxygen and start taxing us to breathe.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
CarnTheTiges said:
I wonder how long it will be before they decide that we're a bit low on oxygen and start taxing us to breathe.

Won't be too long down the track, they've just about taxed everything else. After all, we breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide, thus contributing to the hole in the ozone layer :eek: We should all learn to regulate our breathing so we don't pollute as much ;D

I read that article and I'm confused by one thing in it. One of the 'reasons' given by the beauracrat for drawing up this plan is because if the water is captured in tanks it's not going into a river or ground water system. I thought most of the rain that came down on houses in urban areas went straight out into the sea? Can someone clear that up for me please?
Also if they plan to charge us for using a rainwater tank for keeping 'their' water, I would send bills to the government charging them rent for 'their' water residing in my water tank.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Another completely, utterly piece of crap given to us by the Sunday Hun.

Let us remind that "idiot" Thwaites that it was the Bracks State Government that introduced taxes on home water storages in the early 2000s.

Let us also remind all Victorians that, in 1998, when Bracks came to "office" that Victorian Water Storages were near 100%. That was 8 years ago, and the Bracks' govt has done nothing "structurally" to arrest the decline.

Just more water restrictions on households, who, incidentally, use less than 25% of Victoria's water supply.
That's it, bully the ones who can't fight back! :mad:

For me, it's Shame Thwaites Shame.

You've disgraced yourself in every portfolio that you've held since you've been in government, Thwaites.

That you might now be in charge of Victoria's water supply sends a significant shiver down my spine.  :mad:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ive said it before and i'll say it again Bracks is a do nothing, money grabbing ,money wasting, mentally inept imbecile and as for the rest of the cretins that make up his cabinet namely, Thwaites, Pike and Batchelor its no wonder Victoria is the go nowhere state.

Lets coax all into getting water tanks and then tax em ha ha ha what a joke this bunch of muppets are.

Absolute Dud.

No respect from me not a zac.

outcast

Tiger Rookie
Mar 9, 2006
Phantom said:

Let us remind that "idiot" Thwaites that it was the Bracks State Government that introduced taxes on home water storages in the early 2000s.

Let us also remind all Victorians that, in 1998, when Bracks came to "office" that Victorian Water Storages were near 100%. That was 8 years ago, and the Bracks' govt has done nothing "structurally" to arrest the decline.

Just more water restrictions on households, who, incidentally, use less than 25% of Victoria's water supply.
That's it, bully the ones who can't fight back!  :mad:

You've disgraced yourself in every portfolio that you've held since you've been in government, Thwaites.

That you might now be in charge of Victoria's water supply sends a significant shiver down my spine.  :mad:

Melbourne households use 59% of Melbournes water so the fact we have tough restrictions is fair enough..

At the very least we should have permanent stage 1 restrictions , possibly even stage 2..

As for the structural thing that is hard to argue with though building new dams is not feasible.

Hopefully the proposal involving blue rock dam gets done , that would give us 90 thousand ML extra a year , throw in bringing tarago back online
and we have 110 thousand ML extra..Would drought proof us for probably 50+ more years..

TIGEREXTRA

Tiger Legend
Jun 20, 2004
Melbourne
outcast said:
Phantom said:

That's it, bully the ones who can't fight back! :mad:

That you might now be in charge of Victoria's water supply sends a significant shiver down my spine. :mad:

Melbourne households use 59% of Melbournes water so the fact we have tough restrictions is fair enough..

At the very least we should have permanent stage 1 restrictions , possibly even stage 2..

As for the structural thing that is hard to argue with though building new dams is not feasible.

Hopefully the proposal involving blue rock dam gets done , that would give us 90 Million ML extra a year , throw in bringing tarago back online
and we have 110 Million ML extra..Would drought proof us for probably 50+ more years..

Interesting.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Simple solution for anyone thinking about getting a water tank.Dont apply for the govt subsudy.How can they tax something they dont know you have ;)

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Simple solution for anyone thinking about getting a water tank.Dont apply for the govt subsudy.How can they tax something they dont know you have  ;)

Because your busybody neighbours will see it and report you :nodyes

Mr Pumblechook

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2004
outcast said:

Hopefully the proposal involving blue rock dam gets done , that would give us 90 thousand ML extra a year , throw in bringing tarago back online
and we have 110 thousand ML extra..Would drought proof us for probably 50+ more years..

I agree that new dams are not the answer. I think that we just need to use water more wisely - domestic, industrial, and rural.

From The Age - December 29 2006

"Melbourne, including domestic and industrial use, accounts for 10 per cent of Victoria's water consumption. Irrigation is 77 per cent, rural domestic and stock 4 per cent and urban regional use is 9 per cent"

outcast

Tiger Rookie
Mar 9, 2006
Mr Pumblechook said:
outcast said:

I agree that new dams are not the answer.  I  think that we just need to use water more wisely - domestic, industrial, and rural.

From The Age - December 29 2006

"Melbourne, including domestic and industrial use, accounts for 10 per cent of Victoria's water consumption. Irrigation is 77 per cent, rural domestic and stock 4 per cent and urban regional use is 9 per cent" 

Yep i knew that figure but the important one is how much of melbournes water supply we use which is 59%. Industry uses 30% so all thos people complaining that industry use more than domestic are wrong.

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Seems the supposed tax was a bit of scaremongering.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/turnbull-denies-plan-for-taxing-rain-tanks/2007/01/14/1168709615866.html