"Youve gotta be kidding!"Government to tax rainwater? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

"Youve gotta be kidding!"Government to tax rainwater?

outcast

Tiger Rookie
Mar 9, 2006
Who says the government is doing nothing

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Recycled-water-for-40000-Vic-houses/2007/01/15/1168709656925.html

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Jools said:
Seems the supposed tax was a bit of scaremongering.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/turnbull-denies-plan-for-taxing-rain-tanks/2007/01/14/1168709615866.html

Yup, typical Hun and Channel 7. ::)

Oh while we're at it why not blame Bracks for conscription, GST, etc.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
craig said:
Ive said it before and i'll say it again Bracks is a do nothing, money grabbing ,money wasting, mentally inept imbecile and as for the rest of the cretins that make up his cabinet namely, Thwaites, Pike and Batchelor its no wonder Victoria is the go nowhere state.

Lets coax all into getting water tanks and then tax em ha ha ha what a joke this bunch of muppets are.

Absolute Dud.

No respect from me not a zac.
What do you think of Bracks Craig?

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
Crivens,justseen the latest news on the rain.......
Is this what we call a "windfall"for the govt?
Or suddenly Victoria just got a whole lot richer?????? :hihi :hihi :hihi

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Anduril said:
Yup, typical Hun and Channel 7. ::)

I didn't see anything on #7 but I read the H/S article and fail to see why they're copping flak over it. Apart from a slightly sensationalistic, attention grabbing headline they made it clear the article was based on a leaked memo which would have to be genuine considering they included names and quotes. They also made it very clear that the Bracks govt wasn't in favour of the idea and they mentioned fears about IF water was privatised rather than it being likely as things stand now. I found it interesting to consider the repercussions of what the honchos, not even necessarily the department responsible for water, were even discussing.

You've got to wonder why the memo was leaked to the H/S in the first place. I'd guess because someone nearby wasn't in favour of it's contents.