Zantuck-Disappointing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Zantuck-Disappointing

I have said for a while now Zantuck is a lose cannon who turns the ball over running out of defence anyone who saw him on the footy show would have seen there is very little IQ to work with...has a go no question but lacks skill and football smarts, go to peices in a crisis...trade him in the right deal

Vadim, I am not sure whether your question is to me, if it is, on what basis are you asking it?

"Vadim, IMO your views are way off the mark and unfair. Considering all the real duds that played today and consistently let the side and jumper down, you are definitely barking up the wrong tree."

I repeat, there are worse players in the team than Zantuck. Overall his performance belies the fact that he was a draft pick in the 70's. If only some of the high draft picks performed as well.

I am often critical of Ty, but no one (Gaspar, Scarlett or Fletcher even) could have stopped Lloyd when he was on some of those leads particularly in the 2nd quarter. I felt sorry for Ty he was normally only a matter of centimetres behind Lloyd and giving him very little space but the pinpoint passing of the Essendon midfield and Lloyds tremendous marking ability were too good.

Not even superman could have stopped Lloyd the way the ball was being delivered.

What I couldn't understand was why Danny didn't drop back one of the talls eg Stafford or Ottens when Essendon were kicking with the breeze in the 2nd qtr to crowd up the Essendon forward line and to cut off some of Lloyds space?