2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Murphy for some unknown reason doesn’t get the plaudits he rightly deserves. The Best player awards will go to the big name players like Ashcroft but my tip is Murphy will be VM’s most effective player.
Also looking forward to watching Pat Retschko and Charlie Richardson in action. The poor Oakleigh setup hasn’t been kind to them.
Oakleigh being rubbish is unusual. What has happened down there?

Distracted by too many hoons doing donuts in cars and eating too much Greek revani cake supplied by Mr T.
Oakleigh is so good for a good feed. Greek food is on the Mount Rushmore of international foods.

I'm sure the New York Times put together an article on how good Oakleigh is for food. Yep, here it is.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Oakleigh is so good for a good feed. Greek food is on the Mount Rushmore of international foods.

I'm sure the New York Times put together an article on how good Oakleigh is for food. Yep, here it is.

Personally, prefer other country’s and regions’ food.

Personally, prefer other country’s and regions’ food.
Greek or Geek. You made your choice. Geek, Thai, Mexican the first three, leaving my other Mount Rushmore for consideration.

Any one who picks French can hand in their tastebuds.

Watching Charlie Richardson in the champs so he goes well enough for me to go a souva on a Saturday afternoon to see him live.

Reactions: 1 user
Greek or Geek. You made your choice. Geek, Thai, Mexican the first three, leaving my other Mount Rushmore for consideration.

Any one who picks French can hand in their tastebuds.

Watching Charlie Richardson in the champs so he goes well enough for me to go a souva on a Saturday afternoon to see him live.
I find Greek food a bit greasy, fatty, and all over the place. Asian - all forms inc Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese - Mexican, Indian, Italian, steakhouses and what not. All good. Greek, not so much for me. Each to their own.

Go with the chicken souva I reckon. Lamb is too fatty and gamey.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
You don't think we could do with a 21-year-old, 195cm, pack-crashing, hit-up CHF averaging 6 marks and 2 goals a game this season?

I don't think we'll have a choice in the matter. He's contracted for two more years and won't be on the table.
Freo are crazy if they were to give Treacy up (which i don't see happening), they have been desperate for a decent KPF since Pavlich retirement & Treacy is having a breakout yr & they have Amiss as well.

Thought Bailey McKenzie (Sandi) looked impressive against GWS. At 191 needs to grow for KPF. What impressed me was his mobility and reading the flight on a windy day. Above average with his overhead marking and would have kicked quite a few goals. However my biggest delight was he reminded me of a young Jack R. Cheeky and a touch of arrogance in his ability. Worth a watch.

Do we have a dedicated MSD thread?

Reactions: 1 user
Its been said on here a few times and I don't get it either.

Whilst I like Treacy and he's been very good this year, he is essentially playing as 3rd banana right now behind Amiss and Jackosn as talls. We need to remember that before this season he'd played 36 games and kicked 29.18 in those games.

He's clearly stepped up this year and performing better than that, but its 7 games. I'm not sure that rockets him into Round 1 trade value.

I think ours and Freos would be too far away to get him in, unless Freo are well into Logan McDonald as many people suspected them to be. They would likely need all 4 of their 1st rounders for him, so would want to use a player in a trade for Bakes.
We can always go something like Bakes for Treacy & F2 if Freo are into McDonald.

I like Treacy a lot, but yeah, Freo would be mad to trade him. Especially if they then go and overpay for McDonald, who I'm not sure is any better.
If they really want Bakes though and we really need a KP.Who cares if they overpay Ronald who i think is above average at best.

The McDonald to Freo story is attached to the nagging rumour that Jamarra will go to Sydney.

If these 2 happen, we might well be the biggest beneficiaries of it. I can't see Freo playing McDonald, Amiss, Jackson, Darcy and Treacy together. The 1st 4 would be prioritised IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
If they really want Bakes though and we really need a KP.Who cares if they overpay Ronald who i think is above average at best.
I imagine their fans would care. They won't trade Treacy. They will give us one of their three first-rounders before they do that. And if negotiations are still stuck, they will throw in another pick, maybe a future second. They won't trade Treacy.

If these 2 happen, we might well be the biggest beneficiaries of it. I can't see Freo playing McDonald, Amiss, Jackson, Darcy and Treacy together. The 1st 4 would be prioritised IMO.
Yes it would be a domino

Sydney would have JUH, McDonald, Amartey and McLean

Not sure it will happen the bulldogs have so many talls surely someone has to fall out, they have another Darcy in the next year or two