Changes for R9 v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for R9 v Dogs

Because the main thing we've been missing every week is mature, experienced senior players. We've been running a tribe of snot nosed youngsters week after week and while they can match sides for a qtr here and there, the end result is getting ploughed game after game. Real good development for the youngsters running out every game and knowing they're gunna get buried under the furrows.
?? What kind of professional player wouldn't understand they're likely to get beaten in this scenario?

Development is just that - looking for improvement in bursts / quarters which leads to longer stints of improvement/matching a more senior and developed team until the whole team is now experienced and matching the opposition.

Yes it's a *smile* way to do it when you're getting beaten down on but that's where coaching and leadership in the club needs to be on point.

Reactions: 1 user
Happy with the changes this week. Hoping to see Coulthard and Cumberland soon.
If Ceasar says Prestia's been training fully for 3 weeks that shows the club has kept him back, Balta was kept back an extra week too., thats good enough for me. At least we didnt drop any kids for them. People just have to be patient, we cant play all of the kids simultaneously. There will come a time in the coming weeks where some kids will get rotated out for others to get their shot. Also regardless of VFL form, I dont mind leaving Ryan there, its not as if hes magically grown core strength in 8-9 weeks since the preseason. I'm sure the club have him on a program and dont want to mess with it.
Excellent post, although I feel like you're trying to explain geometry to a bunch of preschoolers who just want to play in the mud. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If you have a look at the teams every week there are multiple players listed as managed and don’t play 2nd tier that week.
Absolutely nothing to suggest Dylan refuses to play VFL and personally I would be staggered if that was the case for such a great club man and former joint skipper.
Agree.

Some of the speculation over a club great is

a) unwarranted
b) undignified
c) uninformed

Richmond will be a poorer place once Dylan Grimes hangs up the boots. Why would anybody be in a rush to see the door hit a club champ on the arse on his way out ? It's beyond me. He should be carried off on the supporters shoulders not spoken about like some oppo spud.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I've been a negative nelly quite a bit over the years but Dylan Grimes will always be a club legend in my eyes. Champion tiger, champion team man and from what I understand champion person.

Reactions: 9 users
Agree.

Some of the speculation over a club great is

a) unwarranted
b) undignified
c) uninformed

Richmond will be a poorer place once Dylan Grimes hangs up the boots. Why would anybody be in a rush to see the door hit a club champ on the arse on his way out ? It's beyond me. He should be carried off on the supporters shoulders not spoken about like some oppo spud.
It is actually sad seeing him play like he is now. I prefer to remember him stitching up some of the best forwards going around.
His game against a rampaging Charlie Cameron in the 2019 qualifying final at the Gabba was as good a one on one battle of two top line players I have seen live. Brilliant defender.

Reactions: 8 users
There are some positives this week -

We get to see Balta back and see him with Lefau

We get to see Prestia back. Hopefully for more then a half. Has played well first up previously.

We get to see Coulthard

We get to see Noah C at the top level - I think he will get at least 2 goals

We get to see Alex Keath back

Pretty positive we can knock them over

Reactions: 2 users

We get to see Prestia back. Hopefully for more then a half. Has played well first up previously.

We get to see Coulthard

We get to see Noah at the top level - I think he will get at least 2 goals

We get to see Bauer back.

Reactions: 1 users
Too many changes will impact the side too much IMO. They want the balance of kids in there. I also think reading Morris's comments that they want a few of the boys to back up in the 2's. His comments on Cumbo, McAuliffe, Coulthard etc were all "nearly" comments, so they will want to see them back up again on Sunday I suspect.
Agree. Morris is the door man who gives us the inside on who the MC think has done enough.
Doesn’t mean we can’t wish for a bit more
‘push’ from the MC. Got to keep the faith that the MC knows best!

Happy for the Cummerbund, hope he has himself a bloody good game.

Reactions: 3 users

We get to see Coulthard

We get to see Noah C at the top level - I think he will get at least 2 goals

Coulthard is not playing is he? Have I missed something?!!