Changes for R9 v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for R9 v Dogs

Gobsmacked at Banks getting a game !
Seriously WTF
I wanted him dropped too but tbh Ooze isn't playing for finals..he's having a good look at the list & giving players a block of games to see if they sink or swim.
Too often under Dimma selection was very reactionary re young players & they didn't get a chance to find their feet at the level.
So long as he is consistent with others when they come in like Cumberland, McAuliffe, Trezise etc ..
It's a development year so chill. :cool:

Reactions: 14 users
why not? Second bottom on the ladder, & hardly in imposing form.
Because the main thing we've been missing every week is mature, experienced senior players. We've been running a tribe of snot nosed youngsters week after week and while they can match sides for a qtr here and there, the end result is getting ploughed game after game. Real good development for the youngsters running out every game and knowing they're gunna get buried under the furrows.

Reactions: 3 users
Whats the bet Sonsie gets the vest ............... then likely gets the arse back to the VFL after not getting a dream gifted run like others have undeservedly been getting.
Had a decent game last week, so it'd be no surprise for him to get another full game this week. It'll be more up to the Sonz as to whether he gets a block of games or not. Does the work expected of him, he'll get games, sags off, shuffles n doesn't get near the ball then he'll end up back in the magoos.
Moju last week would be a classic example of what the coach is looking for. There was bugger all that went well or worked out for Moju, but he never stopped working and trying to perform the job the coaches wanted him to do. That's three qtrs of the job done, the other little bit which is also important is the seizure of the opportunities and moments and extracting full value from them. But you don't get them without first doing the hard work.

Reactions: 2 users
Let’s see how many games some are (gifted) getting
Dow has had 8 games Mansell 7 Banks 5 and Campbell 8
It’s not like these 4 haven’t been given a go They have and have been mediocre
McAuliffe Coulthard Cumberland Ryan Green should’ve had their block of games to impress

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, but not omitted but rather managed.

I hope this is not a case of Grimes not being willing to play in the Magoo's.

He needs to get used to the seconds though, because that's his level now.

He's been a warrior for us in the past, but Yze owes him nothing.

Interesting to see what comes of this.
Mid season retirement perhaps?

Banks & Mansell shouldn’t have held their spots. Dow has to be on his final chance - just underwhelming. Campbell could have been rested for Cumberland.

Should also have played Ryan - don’t like Balta being second ruck off a knee injury.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, but not omitted but rather managed.

I hope this is not a case of Grimes not being willing to play in the Magoo's.

He needs to get used to the seconds though, because that's his level now.

He's been a warrior for us in the past, but Yze owes him nothing.

Interesting to see what comes of this.
If you have a look at the teams every week there are multiple players listed as managed and don’t play 2nd tier that week.
Absolutely nothing to suggest Dylan refuses to play VFL and personally I would be staggered if that was the case for such a great club man and former joint skipper.

Reactions: 12 users
If you have a look at the teams every week there are multiple players listed as managed and don’t play 2nd tier that week.
Absolutely nothing to suggest Dylan refuses to play VFL and personally I would be staggered if that was the case for such a great club man and former joint skipper.
Nothing wrong with Grimes attitude, performance each week & a mile ahead of Young & Miller. Trouble is up front as the ball just keeps flooding back time & time again with loose oppo players all over the place.

Managed ?
Did he have a test at the AFL's secret pathology unit this week and has to miss a week ?
mmmm

Nothing wrong with Grimes attitude, performance each week & a mile ahead of Young & Miller. Trouble is up front as the ball just keeps flooding back time & time again with loose oppo players all over the place.
Grimes easing himself out...will retire at seasons end...nothing surer

I'm standing firm! We have a good chance of winning. Go Tigers!
Agree Oh Great Four.
Our midfield looks somewhat decent and our forward line much better.

The flow on effects from the ins gives us a double advantage.
Last week we play Shai and Dusty as full time mids. Cos we had no mature mids.
Now they can both play forward and it makes us more dangerous.

I'd like to see The Prince (D Rioli) continue with the onball role. Named at half back this week but last week started half forward and moved onto the ball after the bounce. More of that please!

Grimes and the Crayfish out is a better balance too.
More run. On the G we'll be better suited than the dogs.

I’ll cut our small forwards a bit of slack for last week given our midfield was smashed & Lefau our only effective target up front. Here’s hoping the inclusions of Dion & Balta in particular make their jobs a little easier.

I’ll cut our small forwards a bit of slack for last week given our midfield was smashed & Lefau our only effective target up front. Here’s hoping the inclusions of Dion & Balta in particular make their jobs a little easier.
Tom Lynch's return will provide the crumbing opportunites that our small arent getting at present.

He may not be our best player but he is our most important structurally

Reactions: 3 users
I'm standing firm! We have a good chance of winning. Go Tigers!
As long as we turn up on the day, we're some chance of winning. Actually performing well for most of the game time, yeah nah, maybe not so likely.