Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Dusty still has plenty to offer.

Would prefer to keep him on a two year contract, which allows him to take on a coaching role at any point, but can’t ignore the signs referred to above.
He is looking more than a little disinterested,
He may also be coming to grips with his own mortality.
He needs to understand he's 2024 Dustin Martin, not 2017 Dustin Martin, and to be honest, so do we.
Need to temper expectations.

Reactions: 2 users
Dusty would be well aware that both he and the team have reduced capacity this year.
I reckon he won‘t want to continue playing next year and will go out the way we want him to - with memories of him being one of the best game changing players to play at Tigerland.
I like the fact that this year he is getting the other forwards together after goals and speaking to them.

Reactions: 2 users
Its not clearly visible to me. I don't think he's fully fit, and I don't really see a problem with that, pretty normal for veteran superstars to be carrying a niggle, no grassy knoll, just footy. But even if he's not, he's always picked and chosen his moments to defend, and those moments usually result in him attacking, if you catch my drift.

You may think he's past his best, but to stretch that to Diminishing the Jumper? Fair dinkum.
That's why PRE is a great forum.
Everyone has an opinion.

I stand by my comment.
As you stand by yours!

Democracy at work.

Reactions: 1 user
That's why PRE is a great forum.
Everyone has an opinion.

I stand by my comment.
As you stand by yours!

Democracy at work.
Yes democracy can throw up some crazy views, we've got Malcom Roberts in the senate. And now we've got Dusty is diminishing the jumper.

I think Dusty would be happier playing for the Suns, surrounded by more talented players that can get the ball in his hands.

Could definitely see Dusty emulating a twilight Leigh Mathews, enjoying his football playing at the Suns ...... but not at Richmond.

Wish him all the best whatever he decides.

Yes democracy can throw up some crazy views, we've got Malcom Roberts in the senate. And now we've got Dusty is diminishing the jumper.
Not all the time richmondcobra.
Just when he doesn't chase.
And when McAuliffe does similar then we have a problem.

Hey, here's a thought.
Let's agree to disagree.

Let's not have a grudge.
As Tony Greig used to say " A Grudge is where I pork my cur!"

Not all the time richmondcobra.
Just when he doesn't chase.
And when McAuliffe does similar then we have a problem.

Hey, here's a thought.
Let's agree to disagree.

Let's not have a grudge.
As Tony Greig used to say " A Grudge is where I pork my cur!"
No grudge here. I just think you view is ludicrous and disrespectful. Dusty has never chased much. Its not his thing, never has been, but the team isn't what it was so suddenly he's leading the youngsters astray and diminishing the jumper?

And also PRE is all about discussion and debate. You can say whatever you want, and others can agree or disagree in whatever way they want. Debates tend to happen. You can't make a bold statement then just expect others to not respond, or expect them to stop responding because you don't like the responses.

No grudge here. I just think you view is ludicrous and disrespectful. Dusty has never chased much. Its not his thing, never has been, but the team isn't what it was so suddenly he's leading the youngsters astray and diminishing the jumper?

And also PRE is all about discussion and debate. You can say whatever you want, and others can agree or disagree in whatever way they want. Debates tend to happen. You can't make a bold statement then just expect others to not respond, or expect them to stop responding because you don't like the responses.
I didn't ask/expect anyone to stop responding.

So it's ok for you to not like my response but I have to like yours?

Dennis Denuto has got nothing on you.

Also Donald J Trump called to offer you a job.

Dusty is a favourite Tiger and will continue to be.
End of.

I didn't ask/expect anyone to stop responding.

So it's ok for you to not like my response but I have to like yours?

Dennis Denuto has got nothing on you.

Also Donald J Trump called to offer you a job.

Dusty is a favourite Tiger and will continue to be.
End of.
You do not have to like my responses. I never suggested anything that even vaguely implies that. That is what you call a straw man, you can think whatever you want. Plenty of people don't like my responses, thats fine.

You say you don't expect anyone to stop responding, but you keep saying things like 'lets just agree to disagree', and 'end of'. Call me crazy, but they are pretty common ways to attempt to end a convo.

Dusty a favourite tiger of yours but you think he is diminishing the jumper? I find that contradictory.

End of. (only kidding you can reply if you want ).

You do not have to like my responses. I never suggested anything that even vaguely implies that. That is what you call a straw man, you can think whatever you want. Plenty of people don't like my responses, thats fine.

You say you don't expect anyone to stop responding, but you keep saying things like 'lets just agree to disagree', and 'end of'. Call me crazy, but they are pretty common ways to attempt to end a convo.

Dusty a favourite tiger of yours but you think he is diminishing the jumper? I find that contradictory.

End of. (only kidding you can reply if you want ).
The end of bit is just from a favourite (dare I say) movie of mine, Layer Cake.
Some great quotes from Mr Eddie Temple (The late Michael Gambon).
Also features Daniel Craig. And Sienna Miller. (she's a honey)
Just a nice quote I use sometimes.

The Dusty contradictory bit you refer to is incorrect.
Of course he is my favourite.
We don't win the 3 Flags without him.

Just referring to those small, brief moments as mentioned earlier. Won't repeat.
So favourites don't do everything right, 100 percent of the time, do they?
They can still be your favourite and sometimes they stuff up.
At least can we agree on that?

Anyway, well argued man.
Can we mutually agree to move on and close this chapter?
I am sure the Brethren find it boring.