Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

TIGERS SKIPPER TO SIGN ON
RICHMOND captain Toby Nankervis is closing in on a new two-year deal with the Tigers.
Nankervis, who was due to become an unrestricted free agent, has been heading towards a contract extension that will take him through to the end of 2026 with Richmond.
The former Swan took on sole captaincy this year of the Tigers after sharing it last year with Dylan Grimes, with his new deal set to see him at Punt Road until he is 32.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
He’s offering us nothing around the ground this year, keeps giving stupid free kicks away coz he’s too slow.
Can’t see how he has another 2 years left in him.

Reactions: 2 users
RICHMOND captain Toby Nankervis is closing in on a new two-year deal with the Tigers.
Nankervis, who was due to become an unrestricted free agent, has been heading towards a contract extension that will take him through to the end of 2026 with Richmond.
The former Swan took on sole captaincy this year of the Tigers after sharing it last year with Dylan Grimes, with his new deal set to see him at Punt Road until he is 32.

Hmmmmmm

He should be on one year deals from here on.

Reactions: 3 users
Agree - I just felt he was quite poor tonight.............. and while Kane Johnson is still the stand out ..... I can't be the only one starting to realise what a great Captain Cotchy was ..... and how Nank is (in some ways) there because there isn't really anyone else..............

Reactions: 1 users
He aren't no captain material for me from the day one he was appointed.
How can he be
He is introverted
Never going to be a good captain
But there will be many who will argue the opposite
Nice bloke , but he ain’t no captain
Fire away !!

Soldo should be our number 1 ruckman and nank should of retired last yeae.
Our biggest blunder since the tambling / buddy stuff up.
Shows no leadership either.
Terribly uninspiring and as undisviplined as grimes .
Dusty or baker should be captain

Obviously Ryan is on an educational run , however imho it’s time Ryan comes in and plays alongside Nank , maybe Nank does 70% and Ryan does 30% Ruck , I think it’s time to give Nank more of a chop out and time Ryan gets back in the AFL to learn his trade.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon some posters have been calling for Nank to be replaced after pretty much every loss he has played over the 7 and a bit years he has been at Punt Rd, after last night i might almost joined them. He was poor.

I reckon some posters have been calling for Nank to be replaced after pretty much every loss he has played over the 7 and a bit years he has been at Punt Rd, after last night i might almost joined them. He was poor.
Another reason the team is down on morale. He's no Chimp captain-wise.

Reactions: 1 user