Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

5 to 6 holding the ball frees we weren’t paid that were obvious.

Umpires were fighting hard for respect over the years. They have zero credibility. No wonder people don’t want to umpire when you are not instructed to pay the basic frees.

Reactions: 5 users
It should have been Millers free. He dragged Miller down on top of himself. Donlon watched it from 10m away. He paid the free to Amiss and pointed to 50 as soon as their was wrestling. Cheating twerp.
Donlon is a pathetic umpire. Wouldn’t pay holding the balls decisions as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
11 frees to 20. They were the better side, traditionally the better side gets more frees, except for when Richmond were the better side.

They really sucked today the umps, they can get stuffed.

I was at the ground today and I have no idea how the holding the ball is adjudicated, zero …nfi

Can someone tell me that if you have prior opportunity and then get tackled and then have an opportunity to get rid of the ball, what is the purpose of prior opportunity?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
I was at the ground today and I have no idea how the holding the ball is adjudicated, zero …nfi

Can someone tell me that if you have prior opportunity and then get tacked and then have an opportunity to get rid of the ball, what is the purpose of prior opportunity?
It even lasted until the final minute of the game.

Does anyone remember the umpiring being this bad ever for this period of time? And as biased for such a sustained period of the game.

Reactions: 4 users
Club needs to formally complain after that & go for the umpires in the media. Take the fines - call the incompetence for what it is.
I'd be happy for them to add $1 to every membership and cop $100,000 worth of fines in 1 week. It's beyond a joke now. Last three weeks 11,12,11 frees for

I'd be happy for them to add $1 to every membership and cop $100,000 worth of fines in 1 week. It's beyond a joke now. Last three weeks 11,12,11 frees for
I'll chuck in some $$$ to a slush fund

Reactions: 3 users

Can someone tell me that if you have prior opportunity and then get tackled and then have an opportunity to get rid of the ball, what is the purpose of prior opportunity?
The media spoke about this week, and the conclusion is that the umpires simply don’t know.

• Angry
Club needs to formally complain after that & go for the umpires in the media. Take the fines - call the incompetence for what it is.
It won’t be just a fine. They’ll threaten to suspend or deregister whoever does it, and we’ll wind up having to formally apologise for doing it in the first place. The AFL has us and every other club by the balls on this issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah we’ll, if the clubs all good with it then what can we do? As I’ve said multiple times members will simply stop turning up if they feel like we’re not getting umpired fairly game after game. It’s already started happening from my circle of friends.

How the *smile* can every teams average fees against all of a sudden go down when they play us? No other way to explain but to say it’s blatant cheating.

We are not getting the frees all other teams are getting!!!

The media spoke about this week, and the conclusion is that the umpires simply don’t know.
What a farce. The AFL has completely *smile* up that rule.

Basically what happened today was that Freo knew they had a massive advantage around the stoppages because we have so many out. So they just took tackle after tackle and then won the clearance. Players don’t even have to try and get rid of it now. It’s pretty ugly footy imo

What a farce. The AFL has completely *smile* up that rule.

Basically what happened today was that Freo knew they had a massive advantage around the stoppages because we have so many out. So they just took tackle after tackle and then won the clearance. Players don’t even have to try and get rid of it now. It’s pretty ugly footy imo
The AFL have messed about with so many rules and opened nearly everything up to interpretation. What they’ve done is made the game unumpireable.