Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

I don't know if he's the answer but our team is struggling to kick goals & behinds yesterday aside, he's already shown he can at AFL level.
With list decisions to be made I hope we get to see him again before too long.

Reactions: 2 users
His title is General Manager – Football Performance IMO he has too much power on team selection
What else could explain why it’s still going on under our third coach?
Whatever his title is i very much doubt he has that big of an influence over team selection.Imagine if he had a beef with Dusty.:eek:

So you're answer is to play a guy who is averaging less than a goal a game in the VFL? In a team that is kicking winning scores each week?
When he was just able to kick goals it wasn’t considered enough. So he has lifted his output in the defensive area of the game and maybe trying to develop that side - still getting opportunities at goal just not maximising with his finishing . You could say ok he needs to do it all now, before he gets picked- fair enough. But not sure others have had to play three 8 tackle/3 goal and 15 pressure act games in a row to get opportunities . And we are struggling up forward, so I think it’s a reasonable argument.
I have fallen in behind Yze and accepted they are not picking him for a reason so I get that

Reactions: 1 users
So you're answer is to play a guy who is averaging less than a goal a game in the VFL? In a team that is kicking winning scores each week?

He had 7 shots on goal, that's my point brodders. Also, he had 12 tackles in the last 2 weeks. So defensively sound and is averaging 4-5 shots on goal.
So he is getting to the right spots just not finishing off but hey as we have seen before keep having shots and sooner or later they will go through the big sticks as we have seen before with Cumbo which Mansell and Campbell arent going by their low numbers for shots on goal.

Reactions: 1 user
When he was just able to kick goals it wasn’t considered enough. So he has lifted his output in the defensive area of the game and maybe trying to develop that side - still getting opportunities at goal just not maximising with his finishing . You could say ok he needs to do it all now, before he gets picked- fair enough. But not sure others have had to play three 8 tackle/3 goal and 15 pressure act games in a row to get opportunities . And we are struggling up forward, so I think it’s a reasonable argument.
I have fallen in behind Yze and accepted they are not picking him for a reason so I get that
When has he kicked goals in the VFL and not been promoted?

He had 7 shots on goal, that's my point brodders. Also, he had 12 tackles in the last 2 weeks. So defensively sound and is averaging 4-5 shots on goal.
So he is getting to the right spots just not finishing off but hey as we have seen before keep having shots as sooner or later they will go through the big sticks as we have seen before with Cumbo which Mansell and Campbell arent going by their low numbers for shots on goal.
1 goal 6 behinds. Could he not kick straight? Or was he taking low % shots?

Cumberland has shown he can play, but he has also been inconsistent. If confidence is as big an issue for him as it is suggested it is, I'll back the club to know whether promoting him when his goal kicking confidence is potentially shot is the right thing to do.

When has he kicked goals in the VFL and not been promoted?
I didn’t say he has kicked goals in the VFL and not been promoted. Although now you mention it he did have to kick a fair few before getting a game in 2022.

He has had pretty good goal returns at both levels in his time at the Tigers but has been criticised for his chasing, tackling , dropping head , drifting out of games etc. and people have wanted to see improvements in this area - again fair enough.
His last few weeks in particular have improved in the defensive area, certainly he compares well relatively to his teammates. Maybe his goal drop-off has been as a result of this more defensive focus.
I said others this year have been promoted on minimal goal returns this year or avaerage VFL games - the difference with Cumbo is he has shown in the past he can kick goals so maybe he can help in that area as we are struggling

I had a look at some of the VFL and he is getting better but Cumbo's game is like one of those games at an amusement park when you hit something with a mallet and when one goes down another one comes up !!
He kicked 1-6 and if he had kicked 5-2 or even 4-3 we would be lauding his game, and quite rightly.
He now has to fix his kicking which I suspect is a technique and "little man in his head" issue, but we know he can kick so it must be fixable.
Much closer than he was a month ago.

Reactions: 2 users
1 goal 6 behinds. Could he not kick straight? Or was he taking low % shots?

Cumberland has shown he can play, but he has also been inconsistent. If confidence is as big an issue for him as it is suggested it is, I'll back the club to know whether promoting him when his goal kicking confidence is potentially shot is the right thing to do.
Yeah I wouldn’t play him either there’s so many HF in our AFL side already - Mansell Campbell MJ kicking bags every week :rolleyes:

• Haha
just play him as the sub this week,and bring him on off the leash in the last quarter.Probably we will be down 40 points so who cares just instruct him to go all out.

Yeah I wouldn’t play him either there’s so many HF in our AFL side already - Mansell Campbell MJ kicking bags every week :rolleyes:
I know you are blinded by the rage caused by the Punt Rd puppeteer, Tim Livingstone, and his ongoing vendetta against Noah Cumberland, so it may have been a little hard to read my post clearly, but I didnt see he shouldnt be picked.

Whatever his title is i very much doubt he has that big of an influence over team selection.Imagine if he had a beef with Dusty.:eek:
wouldnt worry about the king he plays every week
Livingstone title is General Manager Football Performance if you look at our performances this year on and off the field it’s been a major fail

Livingstone title is General Manager Football Performance if you look at our performances this year on and off the field it’s been a major fail
Better sack him then, not like he has any runs on the board

• Haha
He should be under the pump even last season. I don't rate him one bit Balme takes him to the cleaners.

And 5 the week before.

Changes up forward are required.
We have the best KPF in the league sitting in the stands. We have another very capable KPF sitting in the stands. We have our 3 best midfielders sitting in the stands. Until those guys start to return we can make all the changes we want but the end result isnt going to change much.
Thankfully 2 of them look like they will return this week.

Reactions: 3 users
We have the best KPF in the league sitting in the stands. We have another very capable KPF sitting in the stands. We have our 3 best midfielders sitting in the stands. Until those guys start to return we can make all the changes we want but the end result isnt going to change much.
Thankfully 2 of them look like they will return this week.

Its almost like people don't even watch the games and just look at stats.

The reason we aren't scoring is we are having to push our HFF's way up the ground to try and overload the midfield. We are essentially trying to flood and strangle the midfield and restrict the scoring of the opposition. It worked in quarters 1 and 3 yesterday, the umps got involved which kind of halted our ability to maintain men around the ball in the other 2 quarters.

The other alternative is to still get smashed at clearance but allow much easier ball movement by the opposition and get scored against heavier, probably without generating any more inside 50's.

We are in a very weak position at the moment. If we were only missing our tall forwards then perhaps we might be able to be a bit more attacking but losing Taranto, Hopper and Prestia from our midfield all at the same time has completed destroyed any chance we have of getting the ball forward effectively.

Reactions: 9 users
Better sack him then, not like he has any runs on the board
Who we sacking the King or Livingstone?
if you’re talking about Tim someone said if you live in the past you die in the present :unsure:

Last edited: