10K character limit | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

10K character limit

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hi mods

Attempted to start a thread with a table of stats on our playing list and ran into this restriction, which I've occasionally encountered when posting articles on the Journo's board.

Tried again with the table separated into two halves but got the same error.

Not sure whether the data will be useful or interesting to anyone, in which case the thread would die a death, but was planning to update the OP after each game. I'm wondering if the limit can be waived for specific threads, or the first post of a thread, or there is some other exception that can be made so that the table can be posted in one hit?

9j62Cut.jpg

PS Happy birthday Luke English

Last edited:

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
L2R2R, perhaps host it somewhere (google sheet perhaps) and just link out to it? I'd love to read it but suspect that even if the forum could handle the char limit, the formatting would be less than ideal.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Just noticed Shane Edwards has 6 career draws - a Richmond record. He's equal with 23 other players and one short of the VFL/AFL record held by Brad Johnson, Barry Davis & Bill Hutchison.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Can you clarify that second bit? Been posting complete articles on the Journo's board for years.
This is the part of the rules that was updated last year. I know you've been posting full articles, just need to protect the forum. It is a hard one to regulate as I'm not over every thread or post.
No breach of copyright regulations. Article links can be posted with the source named, content from the links cannot be posted into the forum. If you are quoting a paragraph in your comment, a link must be provided and the source and writer included.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This is the part of the rules that was updated last year. I know you've been posting full articles, just need to protect the forum. It is a hard one to regulate as I'm not over every thread or post.

Ah OK, I missed that. Whenever I've seen anyone ask for the content of a paywalled article, I've been in the habit of positing the article in full on the Journo's board.

Is there any point having a Journo's board, then (other than as a historical reference)? Not everyone has access to the articles, and other posters are prone to complaining about paywalled links.

Rosy used to insist that articles were posted on the Journo's board and not in e.g. player threads in Dyer-Tribe. Such posts were frequently cut out and moved to the Jouno's board. No issue with following the rules - in some ways it makes it easier to quote a para and provide a link in a related/appropriate thread.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Ah OK, I missed that. Whenever I've seen anyone ask for the content of a paywalled article, I've been in the habit of positing the article in full on the Journo's board.

Is there any point having a Journo's board, then (other than as a historical reference)? Not everyone has access to the articles, and other posters are prone to complaining about paywalled links.

Rosy used to insist that articles were posted on the Journo's board and not in e.g. player threads in Dyer-Tribe. Such posts were frequently cut out and moved to the Jouno's board. No issue with following the rules - in some ways it makes it easier to quote a para and provide a link in a related/appropriate thread.

Could have a members only board with information like that, or restrict to it members with a certain amount of posts, etc. That's what a lot of other forums I frequent do to negate the problems of... legally questionable activity.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne

This could work, I could remove from 'Public view' boards like Journos Board... I'll look into it, it can be done I believe.

Edit: Possibly the Rumour Board could also be added to this restricted view, any others that you'd think would be included?

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Hi @LeeToRainesToRoach I've restricted access to anyone that is not registered, so now they cannot view the Rumour or the Journo boards... let me know if you can still access.

I've logged out and checked so should be ok :)