1984 r6 richmond v hawthorn | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1984 r6 richmond v hawthorn

langers1971

Tiger Cub
Mar 4, 2008
hello

i am wondering if anybody has a copy of the tv replay of this game, it was played at vfl park, and Richmond inflicted Hawthorns first defeat in season 1984 by 39 points.

Brian taylor kicked 6 goals, all in the third quarter.

if anybody has a copy, i'd love to hear from you.

thank you

The favourite video I have vs Hawks video wasn't available publically. It was filmed by the RFC themselves on the day we played at Lake Waverley. I haven't watched it for a while and don't remember the scores but it felt like 1 goal 20 to 2 goals 13. The best wet weather slog I've ever seen and one of my all time favourite games I've been to.

rosy23 said:
The favourite video I have vs Hawks video wasn't available publically. It was filmed by the RFC themselves on the day we played at Lake Waverley. I haven't watched it for a while and don't remember the scores but it felt like 1 goal 20 to 2 goals 13. The best wet weather slog I've ever seen and one of my all time favourite games I've been to.

I was at that game. It was like watching a soccer game on water :) . It was our first win against the hawks for 10 years. I remember their supporters weren't happy, letting the opposition kick only 4 goals and still lose ;D

Round 3, 1995
Richmond 4.16.40 def Hawthorn 5.4.34
Richo and Benny Gale both kicked 2.1. For those that don't remember, the conditions were atrocious, yet out of 40 marks taken by the Tigers on the day, Richo took 10 of them.

langers1971 said:
hello

i am wondering if anybody has a copy of the tv replay of this game, it was played at vfl park, and Richmond inflicted Hawthorns first defeat in season 1984 by 39 points.

thank you

Sorry langers, can't help you there unfortunately.

Legends of 1980 said:
I was at that game. It was like watching a soccer game on water :) . It was our first win against the hawks for 10 years. I remember their supporters weren't happy, letting the opposition kick only 4 goals and still lose ;D

Round 3, 1995
Richo and Benny Gale both kicked 2.1. For those that don't remember, the conditions were atrocious, yet out of 40 marks taken by the Tigers on the day, Richo took 10 of them.
I was there too. Terrific stuff. A mate's windscreen wipers blew off his brand new Commodore on the way to the game! I remember Benny being paid a dubious mark about 20m out late in the game. He goaled to seal it. I still tease my hawk mate about that game to this very day! Although another mate teases me about that day - he was in a superbox on free booze while I froze in the outer!

langers1971 said:
hello

thank you

I believe I was at that game too - I remember Taylor taking a great mark with an arch of the back over the fullback in the goalsquare. I also remember Rowlings had a good game - I ran out and gave him a pat on the back after the game.

i was out there that day too and one of my mates, a hawks fan, ate two pies before the game and one every quarter after that. i went pie for pie for awhile but stopped at half time.

I actually had the Sunday Press article on the game until recently when the hugs and kisses told me to clearout some of my junk. No video unfortunately.

From memory BT kicked his 6 third quarter goals in the space of about 15 minutes.

Was the second of three consecutive years where we beat Hawthorn the first time, and got pumped by them the second. In 1985 Roach kicked 11 at Princes Park.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I actually had the Sunday Press article on the game until recently when the hugs and kisses told me to clearout some of my junk. No video unfortunately.

From memory BT kicked his 6 third quarter goals in the space of about 15 minutes.

Was the second of three consecutive years where we beat Hawthorn the first time, and got pumped by them the second. In 1985 Roach kicked 11 at Princes Park.

that was a ripper. did we win by 72 points? the same hawks mate was with me and as i ran on the ground he pissed off and drove home without me!! gold!!

Six Pack said:
that was a ripper. did we win by 72 points? the same hawks mate was with me and as i ran on the ground he pissed off and drove home without me!! gold!!
The bastard ;D
Poor bloody loser. Serves you right 6ers. At least you learned your lesson ;D
I bet he's been asking you to accompany him the last couple of seasons though.

Suggestion, take public transport next time you go with him. (then again, you probably won't have to ;))

Six Pack said:

We won by about 40 points but the score was something like 180 to 140. I think Phil Egan may have kicked a few also. For about 3 years in a row we had good early winning streaks which put un in the 5, only to run out of steam and cop some awful hidings late in the year which consigned us to low finishes.

In the 85'game(r5]RICH 29.14.188 vHAW 21.23.149,Michael Pickering and Stephen 'BOMBER' James kicked 4 gaols each as well as DISCO'S 11.
BOMBER kicked about 25 goals in his first 6 games.
That would be the last time the TIGES beat Hawthorn until the Wild Wet Win at Waverley in1995. :)

Legends of 1980 said:
Round 3, 1995

...and Jughead's debut game with everyone getting over excited in that he looked better than his father. :hihi

Six Pack said:
i was out there that day too and one of my mates, a hawks fan, ate two pies before the game and one every quarter after that. i went pie for pie for awhile but stopped at half time.

Poor show 6ers, you didn't live up to your name, but your mate did. 6 pies over a game of footy, your mate isn't Lance Whitnall is he?

Streak said:
Poor show 6ers, you didn't live up to your name, but your mate did. 6 pies over a game of footy, your mate isn't Lance Whitnall is he?

I tried man, lord how i tried!