2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 1 v Carlton - VOTE HERE

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 1 vs Carlton

Carlton 2.8 9.10 9.13 14.20 (104)
Richmond 3.0 7.0 13.3 13.6 (84)

GOALS
Carlton: Betts 3, Garlett 2, Walker 2, Curnow, Gibbs, Carrazzo, Murphy, Judd, Armfield, Hampson
Richmond: Riewoldt 6, Morton 2, Jackson 2, Graham, Vickery, White

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 Jack Riewoldt 66 9 0 216 216 75 216.0
2 Trent Cotchin 4 19 18 68 68 41 68.0
3 Robin Nahas 1 15 14 47 47 30 47.0
4 Daniel Jackson 2 10 13 39 39 25 39.0
5 Matthew White 1 11 8 33 33 20 33.0
6 Chris Newman 1 4 10 21 21 15 21.0
7 Shaun Grigg 0 3 4 10 10 7 10.0
8 Alex Rance 0 1 2 4 4 3 4.0
=9 Reece Conca 0 0 3 3 3 3 3.0
=9 Angus Graham 0 1 1 3 3 2 3.0
=9 Luke McGuane 0 1 1 3 3 2 3.0
12 Brett Deledio 0 1 0 2 2 1 2.0
13 Bachar Houli 0 0 1 1 1 1 1.0
Total Voters=75

225420.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by rosy23

Like the first daffodil in September the opening siren at the G on Thursday night heralded a new season. (hang in there it gets worse, ha)

Richmond met Carlton in what has become somewhat of a traditional season opener. Large crowds flowed into the G in a sea of yellow
and black (and a bit of the old dark blue and white) and around the world radios, televisions and computers were tuned in live. The PRE forum
was in full swing.

The highly anticipated, laden with hopes and dreams, football season for 2011 was underway.

Richmond got off to a poor start. Lack of movement, standing targets and poor skills didn’t take long to dampen supporters’ enthusiasm.
“Here we go again”, “Same old, same old” were muttered during the half time break. Carlton had the initial momentum, and the lead,
but thanks to inaccurate kicking, Richmond was still in the game. With Nathan Foley suffering gastro, and Lids and Cotch AWOL, early
attention turned to the new kids on the block to see what they offered for the future. Debutants Reece Conca, Jake Batchelor and Brad
Helbig didn’t let them down. Supporters had a very impressive glimpse of the future.

Not sure what happened in the rooms but the team regrouped and ran out after the break full of self belief. The players had confidence,
ran hard, supported each other and hit targets. The ball was quickly moved into the forward line where Jack marked everything in sight.
Thankfully he had his kicking boots on and the Richmond soon mowed down the deficit they’d taken into the break.

Sadly the momentum didn’t last. It looked like the Tiges didn’t know how to win and the Blues regained the lead running out winners by
20 points.

At least the players didn’t lie down like they have in the past. They played the game out. They held their heads up high and didn’t give in.

Very disappointing they didn’t get the 4 points but they did get a valuable lesson.

They are capable of taking it up to the more experienced teams. A win didn’t happen this week…but it will happen soon.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

In the voting this week it is not surprising to see Jack dominate, racking up over 200 votes in the first game of the year. When you consider that Jack took out the 2010 award with 972 votes for the season, it gives you an idea of the dominant head start that he already enjoys after one round.

Cotchin's impressive second half, after a quiet first half saw him rack up enough votes to take out the second place position, with Nahas, Jackson, White and Newman also featuring regularly on the ballots.

Thanks to rosy23 for kick starting the match reports for 2011. A great job (and nice to hear someone else's view on the matches). Angie has kindly volunteered to provide the report for the round 2 match agains the Saints tonight. If anyone would like to provide a report for matches this season, please post on this thread. It would be great to get those locked down sooner rather than later.

I look forward to seeing the Yellow & Black in numbers in the Ponsford Stand tonight! Hopefully we can take that one step further against the Saints! Welcome back all!

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 2 v St Kilda - VOTE HERE

Thanks Panthera. Great effort as always.

Good to see Jacko and Whitey in the top 5 last week.

3 Grigg
2 Deledio
1 Chimp

3. Deledio
2. Grigg
1. Cotchin

That is how I saw it at the game. Apologies to Martin and King.

can not believe it's another draw just got home and found out , so wanted you guys to thrash them but like i have been saying you guys are getting better i was soooo looking forwards to seeing Jack play but looks like he may not be with that bad knock to the head hope he is ok .

will be a good game next week between my mob and yours and we better not be complacent with your guys cause your guys could pip my guys !

good luck may the best team win and may it be a good game no matter who wins

oops i thought this was the game thread sorry :-[

rosy if you could put this in the right thread would be great thanks if you can :angel:

3-Lids
2-Jacko
1-Grigg

Riewoldt

Oops, sorry had that as my default 3 votes.

3. Lids
2. Grigg
1. TV

Nagas, Newman and McGuane stiff. Thought Luke did a great job on St Nick.

Well done Tiges

3. Deledio
2. Jake King
1. Newman

3 Deledio
2 Grigg
1 Cotchin

3. Deledio - Obliterated Goddard.
2. Grigg - Might have a good one here.