2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 1 vs Carlton - VOTE HERE

3 Rance
2 iVan
1 Chimpa

Tiges67

Tiger Legend
Dec 24, 2003

3. Cotch
2. Rance
1. Foley

ILuvLids

Tiger Superstar
Sep 7, 2006

3. Cotch
2. Rance
1. Riewoldt

BBC

Here comes the hairdryer.
Feb 16, 2005
Melbourne

3. Cotchin
2. Riewoldt
1. I. Maric

tigertrue

! tiger time
Dec 17, 2002

3. Cotchin
2. I Maric
1. Foley

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 1 vs Carlton - RESULTS POSTED

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 1 vs Carlton

Carlton 3.2 8.7 11.13 18.17 (125)
Richmond 3.4 5.6 10.7 12.9 (81)

GOALS
Carlton: Hampson 3, Betts 2, Armfield 2, Yarran 2, Lucas 2, Waite, Simpson, Garlett, Thornton, Kreuzer, Murphy, Robinson
Richmond: Riewoldt 4, Grigg 2, Martin 2, Cotchin 2, Vickery, Nahas

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 NEW Trent Cotchin 69 5 1 218 218 75 218.0
2 NEW Alex Rance 4 40 11 103 103 55 103.0
3 NEW Nathan Foley 3 14 21 58 58 38 58.0
4 NEW Ivan Maric 0 8 13 29 29 21 29.0
5 NEW Jack Riewoldt 1 4 10 21 21 15 21.0
6 NEW Shaun Grigg 0 3 7 13 13 10 13.0
7 NEW Steven Morris 0 2 6 10 10 8 10.0
8 NEW Dustin Martin 0 1 3 5 5 4 5.0
9 NEW Brett Deledio 0 0 3 3 3 3 3.0
=10 NEW Bachar Houli 0 0 1 1 1 1 1.0
=10 NEW Addam Maric 0 0 1 1 1 1 1.0
Total Voters=77

251331.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by Big Cat Lover

Another Rd 1 engagement with the old enemy, another thrashing….these thoughts kept popping into my head (and apparently plenty of others) on Thursday. Fortunately I had been suffering from the flu for 2 days so they found it hard to sink in. Due to my poor state I had to forgo a trip to the G and instead shared the couch of a neighbour (and doggie’s fan) to witness exactly how pre-season form would stack up. Would the Blues continue their midfield dominance? Would the Tigers inexperienced defence hold up? Would Ivan provide us with a better contest in the middle?

Miller marks, Miller misses. Nothing changes. Signs of promise, the chimp tearing it up. A soft free gets TV a difficult shot and he confirms his status as a great set shot kick with the first goal of the game. Some nice run from Foley and it’s all tigers early. Maybe all those experts were right to tip the tigers in an upset?
The game became an arm wrestle, the blues starting to look dangerous with their run and their forward line looking menacing. Henderson was playing tight on Jack and TV was doing his best impersonation of Edward Scissorhands. Rance was carrying on his 2011 form. The 1st qtr ended with the tigers just in front.
As the game progressed the blues started to get on top in the contests, they looked more dangerous going forward. They had marking options in Hampson, Waite and of all players Thornton, the king of duds and one of Richo’s favourite bunnies. Despite being a clueless footballer Thornton can actually take a mark. I think Grimes was on him for a fair period and should be embarrassed that he allowed Thornton to get the upper hand. Thankfully he showed how big a dud he is by missing 3 eminently gettable shots. Judd, whilst not dominant, showed what a great ball handler he is with a couple of beautiful half-volley pick-ups and his distribution was sublime. His ability to stand in the tackle and find the best option is unmatched. Murphy picked up the pace, Simpson, Arnfield & Carrazzo provided plenty of run and the blues skipped away to a match winning break. To their credit the tigers fought back on the back of our better players, goals from Chimp (credit to Jacko for the fumble) dusty & Reiwoldt and climbed to within a goal early in the last. The blues settled and Yarran kicked an early contender for spectator goal of the year that pricked the tigers balloon. Late goals from Robinson rubbed our noses in it and another Rd 1 defeat was sealed.
Could only think of a couple of players who won their positions on the night, my better players on the night were:
Chimp – never stopped trying - 8.5 bananas
Rance – the only thing he did wrong was fail to headbutt Waite
Foley – showed signs, hopefully he can get back to the axle of 2008
I Maric – the iVan did well, contested ball was pretty close until late in the game.
Grigg – a couple of goals and some nice link up play. Lacks a yard of pace and kicking has some question marks but capable of improvement and should form part of the future mid rotations
The not so good players
Vickery – a night to forget
Post – see Vickery
Nahas – see Post
Miller – see Nahas
Jackson – see Miller
Newman – see Jackson
Of the new guys Morris was always desperate but always late. Not sure what to make of his debut given how loose he played on such dangerous guys. Maybe he was used to getting away with a couple of extra metres separation in the SANFL and backing his pace. He’ll be better for the experience but he needs to play tighter if he’s to secure that BP spot we so desperately need filled.
A Maric – did a couple of nice things but showed a distinct lack of physicality. His lack of intensity at the contest was a slight concern but maybe it was first game nerves. He has neat skills and I hope
Ellis – didn’t really notice him, should also benefit from the experience.
One thing that stood out was our lack of pace, it always does when you don’t have the ball but with Tuck, Jackson, Grigg, Edwards, Houli, Post & Miller on the ground we perhaps lack the leg speed to implement a tight press. The ball was cleared from the tigers forward line far too easily. The addition of King should address this somewhat but I can see us struggling to keep the ball in our F50.
The other dog testicle was that we need to add to the depth of our midfield. Whilst we have some elite (albeit young) talent, we don’t bat deep in the middle compared to the better sides.
In summary, the tigers are a very inexperienced side, and whilst some seem to ignore this as a reason for inconsistent performance I am content that we are on the right track. IMO we need to persevere with guys like Post & A Maric in a similar way that Dimma backed Houli. Houli has been quoted as saying a reason for his good form was the backing of his coach to give him a season in the firsts in the one position. I hope the likes of Post & A Maric are afforded such grace. Potential changes for next week would be the addition of King & Batchelor but I hope we stick with the younger guys as much as possible.
Going back to guys like McGuane & White would be a backward step IMO.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

As usual, despite the loss, the PRE faithful showed up in large numbers to vote for best Tiger in the the round 1 clash with the Blues. The clear favourite was Cotchin, showing up on all but 2 of the ballots and putting himself as the clear early leader in his effort to go back to back in this award. Alex Rance also polled strongly as he appears to have continued where he left off in 2011. This is great news as our backline certainly needs some polish and he appears to be an important piece of that puzzle. Foley rounded out the top 3 with a workmanlike performance, racking up possessions and provided much need depth in our midfield.

Thanks to all of the offers for match reports and BCL for excellent round 1 summary. We have the first few rounds covered, but there are plenty of matches available if you are willing to contribute. If you can, check out the available matches on page 1 of this thread and post here with the match you are willing to cover.

The Tigers now take on the Pies at the 'G on Easter Saturday night. Would love to see an upset against the old enemy.

Carn' the Tiges!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Good work guys, thanks.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld

Thanks guys.

Two pretty accurate assessments there, well done.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007

Panthera tigris FC said:
PREmier Fighting Tiger Award 2012
FINAL RANKINGS

:cupgold 1 :cupgold

Trent Cotchin (9)

229111.jpg

Just give it to him now.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 2 vs Collingwood - VOTE HERE

Batchelor or Rance - Rance or Batchelor. hmmmmmmm

3- Batchelor - how clean and smart is he.

2- Rance - he needs help, we have a beauty here.

1 - Deledio

Maric and Grimes good also.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

3 Cotchin
2 Deledio
1 Rance

lockie15

Tiger Cub
Aug 28, 2007

3. Deledio. by a mile i thought
2. Rance
1. Batchelor

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005

3. Rance
2. Deletion
1. Bachelor

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

3 - Lids
2 - Cotch
1 - Conca

Good games by batch, rance and houli as well.

Joe Lynn Turnip

Tiger Superstar
Nov 8, 2009

3 - Cotchin -clear class above, would stand out in a top side.

2 - Batchelor - what Bono said.

1 - Maric - never gives up, rarely makes mistakes.

Hons: Rance, Grimes, Deledio, Conca.

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005

Sorry -
not sure what happened to my second vote...

2 votes to Brett Deledio

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

3 Deledio
2 Rance
1 Cotchin

Mentions to Maric and Bachelor