2017 Finals Series | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Finals Series

Absolut Tigers

Tiger Cub
Jan 8, 2012
Like everyone trying to find things to do at home. I was keen to watch a replay of the Richmond games against Geelong and GWS in 2017. Could anyone with advice as to how I might do this please direct message me. In return I am able to provide advice on how to listen to the radio coverage of all the 2017 and 2019 finals games.

Absolut Tigers

Tiger Cub
Jan 8, 2012
Like everyone trying to find things to do at home. I was keen to watch a replay of the Richmond games against Geelong and GWS in 2017. Could anyone with advice as to how I might do this please direct message me. In return I am able to provide advice on how to listen to the radio coverage of all the 2017 and 2019 finals games.
GF only I am afraid
Any idea how i get invited to Corner Hotel? I only have around 200 posts.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Just checked.

If you have AFL Live Pass (free to Telstra customers) you can get it.
Click videos on the bottom menu.
Click Category as "Full Match Replays" at top of screen.
Click Team as Richmond at same area.
Scroll down to GF 2017 - seems to scroll waaaaay back ( went to 2010 and gave up)

Haven't done it but you can now upgrade your AFL Live Pass to view on desktop screen, maybe link to TV I guess.

Best of luck, let me know.
Placed here for others, including myself now I've found it

Reactions: 2 users

Absolut Tigers

Tiger Cub
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks Tiger Champion. I do have access to AFL Live Pass as a Telstra customer, however, I couldn't find where you could upgrade to view on desktop screen. Appreciate your help, or any of the PRE crew's help, in accessing streaming capability.

On a side note watched Richmond beat Freo over in Optus Stadium last year on TV streaming Kayo. What a win. So many injuries. My son and I were lucky enough to be there and fondly remembered the weekend away while watching the game today.

Reactions: 1 user

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Just checked.

Scroll down to GF 2017 - seems to scroll waaaaay back ( went to 2010 and gave up)

Haven't done it but you can now upgrade your AFL Live Pass to view on desktop screen, maybe link to TV I guess.

Thanks. Just watched the second half of last year's prelim (again!) using this.
I'm about to lose my finals recordings because of upgrading to the IQ4 box and was going to back them all up tomorrow. Think I'll give that a miss and just use the Live Pass recordings now.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just checked.

Thanks @RedanTiger you're a star.....
for all these years I've had that bloody pass due to my telstra account, I only ever used it to watch the occasional highlights or other live match when I was out and about!

Once I figured out how to login to my Telstra account, having of course forgotten the password. ..... it was relatively plain sailing.
My current living situation sees me with no fixed internet connection so I'm operating off mobile data only. What's equally great is that I'm not using any of that data as a telstra customer!
Anyway, I'm casting from my tablet to my tv and the picture quality is great.

So for any other knuckleheads like me, it appears their catalogue of matches goes back to 2012 from what I could see but possibly further as mentioned. It allows us to see the good, bad and ugly in reverse order!

Happy viewing and thanks again :)

Reactions: 1 user

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Thanks Tiger Champion. I do have access to AFL Live Pass as a Telstra customer, however, I couldn't find where you could upgrade to view on desktop screen. Appreciate your help, or any of the PRE crew's help, in accessing streaming capability.
Try googling upgrade for AFL Live Pass. Think that's where I saw instructions.

You can find the simple steps on how to link your AFL Live Pass to a Telstra ID here: https://id.afl.com.au/livepass. If you are an existing Telstra customer you may also choose to use your Telstra ID to link your AFL Live Pass.

When I tried it they said they would send an email but my Telstra ID is different to my normal one so it went to the ether I presume. Will continue to use my tablet. Not bad since it's in full screen.

Yinnar I would still backup as I wouldn't trust that you will be able to access the AFL recordings after this virus is over.
Presume the AFL will also consider monetising this when their goodwill and empathy recedes.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
When I tried it they said they would send an email but my Telstra ID is different to my normal one so it went to the ether I presume. Will continue to use my tablet. Not bad since it's in full screen.

Fwiw... I didn't receive any email, just started viewing it on my tablet then chromecast it to the TV

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watching the 2017 preliminary today,
Didn't realise how bad listening to Basil was, til today.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I actually find it embarrassing to listen to him.

That game unless you were there would never ever feel the same energy coming from a crowd.
It was electric. The best I've ever felt at a game.
Pity Basil sets the game back to an ordinary home and away game.
Massive spew

Reactions: 3 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
I actually find it embarrassing to listen to him.

Its funny I often see comments or complaints about BT / Dwyane etc or other commentators and in all honesty they don't bother me as im normally so caught up in the action, but basil is the exception, without a doubt the worst going around by a mile..