2017 Membership Tally | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Membership Tally

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
AstuteTiger said:
Off to a flying start, curious to know what the membership tally was at the same time last year...

zvd0yu.png

so on 1/11/15 the tally was 51,212. I checked the RFC website and I couldn't locate any figure. considering rollover membership payments commence in October, the first 2017 tally will be coming out any day now. should be interesting...

Still no membership numbers. The club had given Monday as the last day to make changes to memberships.

It'll be really interesting to see where the numbers are at, after the roll-over, when compared to previous years.

I would be extremely surprised if they are up on last year. I am expecting churn of between 5-10k. I don't think we will hit 70k next year.

My estimate around 47,543.

andrewzog said:
44,179 as of the 25/11. It's taken a hit. Must show early form or else.

AstuteTiger said:
As of 27/11/15
Members: 51,780

15% down on the same time last year. in addition, you can only imagine the amount of members that have downgraded.

Yep, if we're 3 and 6 this year dimma and the board should head for the hills. Massive pressure to start well.

And I am sure the membership department will be expected to carry the can for the drop

andrewzog said:
44,179 as of the 25/11. It's taken a hit. Must show early form or else.
Wow. That is worse than I thought it would be.

Membership trends have followed a fairly steady graph over the years. The only thing we haven't seen that could buck those trends is a flying first half to a season. Unheard of under Hardwick. Unless this happens we are likely to finish with about 62-65k members in 2017 at best.

The theory that if we win well, and early, our numbers will soar is untested.

tommystigers said:

Membership trends have followed a fairly steady graph over the years. The only thing we haven't seen that could buck those trends is a flying first half to a season. Unheard of under Hardwick. Unless this happens we are likely to finish with about 62-65k members in 2017 at best.

I was at a forum at the club yesterday the figures are not that bad, they were saying only a 231 difference year on year.

They will be using different strategies this year for memberships drive

They are very confident

tommystigers said:

im actually surprised its not more of a drop off. most tiger supporters i talk to arent renewing until they see what we dish up in the first half of the year

taztiger4 said:
I was at a forum at the club yesterday the figures are not that bad, they were saying only a 231 difference year on year.

They are very confident
231 difference to last year?

They must be holding 6 to 7k up their sleeve to post before round 1.

The strategy that they haven't used before is to be firmly established in the top 4 come round 12. I am genuinely interested to see how that effects membership sales.

taztiger4 said:

They are very confident

by my maths, 51,780 minus 44,179 is 7,601 (or a drop of 14.7%). not sure where they got 231 from.

Who I knows what the real number is at this point? There may be a significant drop off, they may have spares up their sleeve. What matters is where we get to and how many dollars comes through the door.

As they say figures dont feed you.