2020 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Fixture

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Sorry mods if this should be in another thread. Just wondering peoples opinions on when the rest of fixture should be announced. Surely it has to be announced before a ball is bounced, otherwise it is compromised. Thoughts?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, will be announced in the 4 week blocks unless something changes

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Sorry mods if this should be in another thread. Just wondering peoples opinions on when the rest of fixture should be announced. Surely it has to be announced before a ball is bounced, otherwise it is compromised. Thoughts?
Might be less opportunity To fix the fixture than normal, much to Maguires chagrin.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
In the last 4 week block look for teams fighting for last spots in the 8 to be drawn in the last coule of rounds where possible.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I dont reckon it matters.

we could play Collingwood at vic park, Geelong at Geelong and WC in Perth all 6 times each,

and we'll still win the flag.

Reactions: 3 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Looks like Eddie Eveywhere is still running the AFL.

Now he is advocating the grand final be held on a Sunday night.

Suppose he is expecting his Pies to be there of course.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Looks like Eddie Eveywhere is still running the AFL.

Now he is advocating the grand final be held on a Sunday night.

Suppose he is expecting his Pies to be there of course.
What's the rationale behind Sunday night?

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Essentially a 4 day weekend, if its the Sunday before Melbourne Cup, the Monday is GF public holiday, then Cup day on the Tuesday, if season needs to pushed back this far.
Thanks BW.
I assume Chairman Dan will cancel the Friday parade/Public Holiday?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Thanks BW.
I assume Chairman Dan will cancel the Friday parade/Public Holiday?
The initial info come from listening to MMM in the car this morning.
Think there's already been talk that GF holiday is fluid depending on when the GF is actually played.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, will be announced in the 4 week blocks unless something changes

you would hope they'd announce the full fixture when all state borders are open (which will happen sooner than people think IMO).

Essentially a 4 day weekend, if its the Sunday before Melbourne Cup, the Monday is GF public holiday, then Cup day on the Tuesday, if season needs to pushed back this far.

not the stupidest idea. And I reckon Eddie has a lot of stupid ideas and opinions.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think we are due to have the next block of games by round three which will take us up to round nine. After that you'd expect things will be pretty settled, barring a second wave of virus of course.

There are rumours going that WA will open its borders on July 1. This means our game against the eagles may end up in Perth.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There are rumours going that WA will open its borders on July 1. This means our game against the eagles may end up in Perth.

They're in Queensland for the next 4 weeks.
Nothing will change.
That means we will play freo at the G.
Lets see what hocking does,
Do we play GWS, Bris, Port & Geelong away.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It makes perfect sense not to have the Cox Plate or Derby Day on the same day as the GF. Hold it on Sunday or Sunday night, regardless.

Who gives a flying toss when the cox plate is on.
If Gilligan had balls he would start the GF a minute before the race.
99% of the people that go to the races over that spring carnival go for the boozefest and to have a perv.
Where were the crowds in the early 90's, when you could get time to put on a bet or not waste half your afternoon in line to get to the dunny,??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Why is West coast getting treated like they're coming out of coma?
There premier said regardless if they open the borders travelers will still be forced into the 14 day quarantine period.