2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There are always a few highly rated kids who aren't as good as popular opinion has them. In 2021 that included Ward and Hobbs for me.
You were doing a bit of flip flopping on Ward at the time if I remember correctly. One moment you liked him, the next not so much.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Players and our opinions of them evolve through their draft year. By November I was off him. And Hobbs:
Yeah, but this as well. It’s ok. I’ll defer to your last opinion. No problem. Me, I’m sticking fat (now there’s a boring cliche) and say that Ward will still be ok. Hobbs also.
If pick 2's up for grabs we're easily best-positioned to get it. I like Ward a lot, but I like Callaghan even more. 189cm, very fast, evasive, composed, great left foot, strong overhead. Could start on a flank or wing, ends up in the middle.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, but this as well. It’s ok. I’ll defer to your last opinion. No problem. Me, I’m sticking fat (now there’s a boring cliche) and say that Ward will still be ok.
Well, I was right to prefer Bo Callaghan, no matter how many of his teammates went to his 21st.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
But Mitchell projects as a problem. Even my old girl’s brother and family who are avid Hawthorn fans can’t stand him - reckon he’s a conceited smart arse. They’ve met him many times and predicted he’d be a disaster when he was appointed.
Just shows that sometimes the pleb in the street has a fair handle on things, unlike many of the boffins in head offices or the meedjia experts. Miracles may still somehow occur, but I reckon Mitchell's a fair chance to set Hawforn back for the entire time he's in charge. Always thought there was something not quite right about his leadership when only three years in and in the prime of his career and as a premiership captain he relinquished / was moved sideways from the captaincy job for Podgey Hodgey.
Reckon there might also be something dodgy about a bloke who calls his kid Smith in honour of his favourite actor.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Just shows that sometimes the pleb in the street has a fair handle on things, unlike many of the boffins in head offices or the meedjia experts. Miracles may still somehow occur, but I reckon Mitchell's a fair chance to set Hawforn back for the entire time he's in charge. Always thought there was something not quite right about his leadership when only three years in and in the prime of his career and as a premiership captain he relinquished / was moved sideways from the captaincy job for Podgey Hodgey.
Reckon there might also be something dodgy about a bloke who calls his kid Smith in honour of his favourite actor.
Kane Cornes thinks he is a genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user