2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
For us to get pick 3 it would have to be CJ + Pick 11.
That's a price a tad to high, it's a top two then a drop off to another three or four. And I'm only saying that today, that could change.

If CCJ kicks more than 17 goals the rest of the regular season (9 games) he ends up on +25 goals.

That's impressive. Smaller sample size but look at the numbers next to Ben King for this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=6593&pid2=6497&fid1=S&fid2=S

King is a year younger, I accept that. Still, there is enough to get excited about if he continues on the current 2020 trajectory. My point is, it COULD be one of the second rounders and CCJ for pick 3. It's not beyond the realms. Even if it's the lower of our two firsts, thats a win for us.

Again, small sample size but look at the Harry McKay 2021 comparison vs CCJ 2021. McKay is older than CCJ by more than CCJ is older than Ben King.

Look at CCJ vs Harry McKay at the same age, CCJ is miles ahead.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=4172&pid2=6497&fid1=O&fid2=O.

This is serious currency IF CCJ holds this line of form and ends up on 20-25 goals for the year.

Reactions: 3 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
For those in the know who from these prospects is the best contested mark?
Williams, Van Rooyen, Gibcus, Amiss, Bazzo
Like to get two, can you rule any out?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
That's a price a tad to high, it's a top two then a drop off to another three or four. And I'm only saying that today, that could change.

If CCJ kicks more than 17 goals the rest of the regular season (9 games) he ends up on +25 goals.

That's impressive. Smaller sample size but look at the numbers next to Ben King for this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=6593&pid2=6497&fid1=S&fid2=S

King is a year younger, I accept that. Still, there is enough to get excited about if he continues on the current 2020 trajectory. My point is, it COULD be one of the second rounders and CCJ for pick 3. It's not beyond the realms. Even if it's the lower of our two firsts, thats a win for us.

Again, small sample size but look at the Harry McKay 2021 comparison vs CCJ 2021. McKay is older than CCJ by more than CCJ is older than Ben King.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=4172&pid2=6497&fid1=O&fid2=O.

This is serious currency IF CCJ holds this line of form and ends up on 20-25 goals for the year.
I agree the price is high but that’s the starting point. If he is to leave let’s hope it’s for Gold Coast because that where we will get the most value in return.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
So, pick 3 for CJ, throw in Caddy and Naish. Draft Sonsie or Ben Roberts.

Trade a first for Cerra, might have to throw in our second.

Use our other first on someone like van Rooyen, and St Kilda's second on a key defender.

Trade our third for Narkle.

Contend for six more years.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Cujo is travelling well now that he's finally started getting some games. There's a ten year key forward sitting in our back pocket at the moment n I'd be serious pissed off if we let him go now that we've finally got him up n running.
Truck loads of premium mids available every draft, there's only ever a couple of premium KPP available each year.
Jaaack's got one last season in him n the Lynchman's probably got three maybe four at most. We'd be crazy to not be looking to partner up Lynch n Cujo for a few of years then flowing into Cujo n Delilah after that. Nank and or Soldo should be right to carry first ruck for the next five or six years, perhaps followed on by Maaaaate if he comes on.

Reactions: 2 users

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
I hate suggesting This but... Gold Coast really need the hodge type to set some standards. Do we ship Cotchin, Chol and and one of our early picks for pick 3.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
So, pick 3 for CJ, throw in Caddy and Naish. Draft Sonsie or Ben Roberts.

Trade a first for Cerra, might have to throw in our second.

Use our other first on someone like van Rooyen, and St Kilda's second on a key defender.

Trade our third for Narkle.

Contend for six more years.
Don’t mind any of that. Would do it.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
For those in the know who from these prospects is the best contested mark?
Williams, Van Rooyen, Gibcus, Amiss, Bazzo
Like to get two, can you rule any out?
So far for me Van Rooyen looks the one.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
CCJ not part of any deal for there pick even pick 3. I can't understand why people throw his name he hasn't indicated he wants to leave and will be crazy to entertain a trade.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just looking back at the 2019 Draft, Deven Robertson now starting to play good footy at Brisbane was linked to Richmond early doors but subsequently was tipped to go top 10. Ended up at Brisbane pick 22 one pick after ours of Thomson Dow.
Hope Dow gets to show his wares soon but will need to step up his VFL numbers. (yes i know he was set back with appendicitis earlier in year). I love his hands, kicking I have a bit of a query.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Just looking back at the 2019 Draft, Deven Robertson now starting to play good footy at Brisbane was linked to Richmond early doors but subsequently was tipped to go top 10. Ended up at Brisbane pick 22 one pick after ours of Thomson Dow.
Hope Dow gets to show his wares soon but will need to step up his VFL numbers. (yes i know he was set back with appendicitis earlier in year). I love his hands, kicking I have a bit of a query.

Is that the one that cracked the sads when he wasn't selected in the first round?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

I wanted Robertson and Bianco with the first two picks in 2019 and both look very promising a couple of years later.

https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/draft-picks-2019.55587/post-2416835

Reactions: 2 users