2022 Brownlow Medal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Brownlow Medal

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Should never have been suspended in the first place. It's one thing I think is flawed now. Originally fairest was for serious incidents. Now it's like a raffle, players getting suspended for BS things.

Deserved it, is better and more influemtial than Neale.
Are you serious? He lined the bloke up and belted him in the head. Nearly knocked him out. Ah Chee didn't play the next 2 games at least due to concussion.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He has carried that team all his career. Thoroughly deserved.

Throws the ball? We talking about Cripps or Selwood?
Cmon Cripps throws it; everyone knows it. Maybe not as much as Selwood or McCrae but he still throws it a lot.

Anyway I'm talking about this year and he should have been ineligible due to the suspension that was ridiculously overturned.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's a fact that he SHOULD have been suspended. It's also a fact that the suspension for some inexplicable reason was overturned.
This is a massive loophole the AFL, still probably, hasn't bothered to look into.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Can't agree at all. Should not even have been eligible. Absolute disgrace that he had the suspension overturned.

Different rules for different players in this league. Marlion would have copped a suspension for the entire 2023 season if he did that.

Walked out of the room as soon as he was announced the winner and will be boycotting any media reporting of the event.
Yeah, actually forgot about the hit when I typed that, probably in the red mist at the maggots who voted for Karl Amon costing me thousands.

He deserves a Brownlow, not this year's I guess on the 'fairest' component, but I'm not wedded to that tradition.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Cripps is a champion of the game. Great player. 10 times the player of Neale and Miller.
I'm a Miller fan, has gamebreaking capabilities. But agree Cripps is better and has been in the top 5 or so players for few years now.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Are you serious? He lined the bloke up and belted him in the head. Nearly knocked him out. Ah Chee didn't play the next 2 games at least due to concussion.
Yes I am serious, are you? Ball was there, he was aiming for the ball but didn't work out too well. Unfortunate accident, part of footy. Too many BS suspensions these days. I've been accidently knocked out playing footy. Why does concussion in a high contact sport assume suspension? Get rid of tbe fair part of the Brownlow. Suspension is not what it used to be.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
They should just abandon the fairest bit anyway. McKernan and Grant to be retrospectively awarded medals.

Reactions: 3 users