2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Carter called for a rebuild a couple of weeks back so back us in for the flag boys

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
We are entirely dependent on fitness. Our best 22 is as good as (or better than) anyone's.

But we drop off exponentially with 2 or 3 critical injuries. Vlas and Grimes are two of those, and haven't been together all year (bar one game -that we won by 109 points).
EVERY team drops off with 2 or 3 critical injuries.

Go dees have not been tested on this front. Their age profile means soft tissue / wear and tear injuries are less likely.

Carlton with Cripps and Curnow fit another good example.

Richmond was brilliantly resillient in 19/20 to squeak into top 4 - and we generally had our best team available in the finals (graham in 19 gf and Vlaustin for most of 20 gf and soldo about it)

Hopefully we get a good run - Cotchin and prestias calves/hammies, lamberts groin and if young uns can still be going deep in season (and no horrific bad luck ACL/kidney/broken bones) will be the key. Reckon our best is pretty pretty good - and I can barely curb my enthusiasm.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
We learn little from the next two games, if we win, except that we can beat most of the bottom 10, in Melbourne anyway.

But beating Sydney on their ground will give us some belief at the top end.
However I believe Sydney are flattered by their ladder position and are 6th by default because no one below is good enough to be better.

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
The Band is nearly back together. I almost feel sorry for Hawthorn, they are getting us at a bad time - for them

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
EVERY team drops off with 2 or 3 critical injuries.

Go dees have not been tested on this front. Their age profile means soft tissue / wear and tear injuries are less likely.

Carlton with Cripps and Curnow fit another good example.

Richmond was brilliantly resillient in 19/20 to squeak into top 4 - and we generally had our best team available in the finals (graham in 19 gf and Vlaustin for most of 20 gf and soldo about it)

Hopefully we get a good run - Cotchin and prestias calves/hammies, lamberts groin and if young uns can still be going deep in season (and no horrific bad luck ACL/kidney/broken bones) will be the key. Reckon our best is pretty pretty good - and I can barely curb my enthusiasm.
I just think we're more dependent on our stars. Our finals performers are dynasty players.

You know, unless we drop them for Cumberland for some reason.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I must say I'm enjoying listening to Nathan Buckley's football analysis. Not just because he's said some positive stuff on us today but the way he explains things for nuff nuffs like myself is pretty enlightening.

Like many others on here, I've been pretty critical of him over the years but I put that down to my absolute hatred of the pies and not the man himself!

Anyway, I've time stamped the attached and I think Bucks reckons we can march on a little longer.

Thanks for the heads up - Buckley is basically saying we came out this year and our game plan wasn’t working so we have tweaked it over 2 weeks and we are now back to our best. He reckons you can’t do that unless you have ‘our famed’ connections working properly.

Personally might wait till the bye and see where we are at - nice to hear though.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I just think we're more dependent on our stars. Our finals performers are dynasty players.

You know, unless we drop them for Cumberland for some reason.
Agree to disagree. Which other team has had 2 or 3 of their top end talent out at the same time and done really well? Dusty and Prestia are probably the top 2 in our team - although lynch making a case with his last 2 weeks.

Every team depends on their stars and if they have none they are norf. (Well they lost their best player in Cunnington who is A grade to me to cancer)

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Agree to disagree. Which other team has had 2 or 3 of their top end talent out at the same time and done really well? Dusty and Prestia are probably the top 2 in our team - although lynch making a case with his last 2 weeks.

Every team depends on their stars and if they have none they are norf. (Well they lost their best player in Cunnington who is A grade to me to cancer)

I think we hurt more in other places.

We look extremely shaky without Grimes or Vlossy in.

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
9. Haw. MCG. Loss
10. ESS. MCG. Win
11. SYD. SCG loss
BYE
12. Port MCG. Win
13. Carl MCG. Loss
14. Geel. MCG. Loss
15. WCE MCG. Win
16. Suns. GC loss
17 Nth. MVL win
18. Freo. MVL loss
19. Lions. MCG win
20. Port. AO loss
21. Haw. Mcg win
22. Ess. MCG win

W-7 L-7

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
A bit awkward but you’ve got to look at the games vertically eg. Rich vs Haw, Ess, Syd.
Yeah figured that bit out later when I went back through it n concentrated really hard. Still not sure about all those eight point games though. Been following footy for a hell of a long time n unless they changed some rules again, while I wasn't looking, there's only been four point games not eight.