2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
In all honesty I haven’t seen enough of him, but studying the form, he didn’t come into my top 12 calculations a few weeks out from the draft.
Seemed to come with a bullet.
Jason Taylor brave to leave Curtin and Caddy on the table imho however they may not have fitted a need.

That's a great point about the spurning of certain draftees by those with skin in the game, DA.

Piecing this back together-

With Curtin, Caddy and Read on the table Adrian Caruso traded pick #7 out to Adelaide. He thumbed his nose at them. Big play. Likey. Because he knew Phoenix Gothard would still be there at a much later pick. And he rated Gothard above the others. Including Connor O'Sullivan. I love this play. Time will show how right he was and he will be judged.

Wells bid on Read then paused. And he then spurned Nate Caddy. And traded out to Essendon before taking Connor O'Sullivan.

Those with skin in the game, two of whom have recruited premiership sides, just gave us the benefit of their opinions.

Hamish Ogilvie and Adrian Dudoro traded up to get their players. Big plays. They disagree with Taylor, Wells and Caruso.

That was an interesting draft.

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Boston Dowling, we were very keen to get him to our VFL side this year. Spoke to him before last years draft.

At Collingwood VFL and an overager at Oakleigh, definitely one to watch. We have interest.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
GCS academy crop imposing in VFL today

Will Graham 28 good disposals on-ball

Ethan Reid 20 disposals, hit outs, 2 goals

Jake Rogers 20 disposals 12 tackle

and then Leo Lombard 2024 draft has 28 good disposals.

plus Jed Walter debuts Tomoz o_O

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Logan Morris looks likely to debut for the paddle pops this round already. Edit: named emergency (closing in)

Last edited: