2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

That would be hilarious.

Kochies could have got him for free ............................ but I guess that its all "Under the Bridge". No point Kochies cryin over spilt "Mothers Milk"!
I'd expect Soldo to play for a few years longer than Naismith. So it made sense for them to chase the big Ivan.
Reckon we've come out of it very well too

Reactions: 4 users
Another point on the first day of training.
The last drill of the day
20231113_104419.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
He'll make it cos he's got the skill and poise.

Matty is one I'm pretty confident about to be honest.

I'm glad Trezise ditched the GoDeez or Geesook hair cut looks like a Tiger now.

Sonsie needs to get fair dinkum this pre season as he has the chance to take Chimps spot, and Cumbo also needs to step it up both of these blokes can have a good impact on the season ahead, as well as Bauer and Matty C, Seth and Jud.

New coach new era, past indiscretions no longer count.

Hope the lads rip in.

Good to see the Gibus doing some work, easy does it with the boy thanks.
I'm confident in most of our kids.
But we do need top end quality.

Reactions: 1 user
there was a passage of play in the second quarter in our last game against Port Adelaide

end to end silk possessions from very young players

bolton got on the end of it and kicked a point but that didn't stop me climaxing in me jocks

it was like watching SBS as a 15yo and having a scene change just at the #cough# wrong moment

i'm a 'wait and see' with this group

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
there was a passage of play in the second quarter in our last game against Port Adelaide

bolton got on the end of it and kicked a point but that didn't stop me climaxing in me jocks

it was like watching SBS as a 15yo and having a scene change just at the #cough# wrong moment

We just don’t know enough about our young players at AFL as they haven’t played enough at that level yet.

It’s a balance introducing inexperienced younger players with seasoned premiership players, but that’s the challenge. I think we need more of the former at the moment and suck up the results for a while.

Reactions: 4 users
We just don’t know enough about our young players at AFL as they haven’t played enough at that level yet.

It’s a balance introducing inexperienced younger players with seasoned premiership players, but that’s the challenge. I think we need more of the former at the moment and suck up the results for a while.
Agree, which made 2023 a frustrating year for mine as it was a nothing year because we just kept playing senior players who didn’t deserve games. I’m excited to see what Yze does having no previous relationships with the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Agree, which made 2023 a frustrating year for mine as it was a nothing year because we just kept playing senior players who didn’t deserve games. I’m excited to see what Yze, does having no previous relationships with the players.
It'll mean a few stalwarts like McIntosh, Pickett etc aren't first picked. So be it. We need to see Tresize, Banks, Brown etc at AFL level for an extended period to form a view.

Reactions: 9 users
It'll mean a few stalwarts like McIntosh, Pickett etc aren't first picked. So be it. We need to see Tresize, Banks, Brown etc at AFL level for an extended period to form a view.
Exactly! And, for example, the whole idea of Pickett up forward was just ridiculous, hopefully we see guys played in their best positions. If the kids deserve to play over them then so be it, drop them. Grimes is another who should have a watch on him, especially if Gibcus is fit and firing.

Reactions: 13 users
It'll be interesting if Naismith pushes Nank for first ruck spot & see what Yze does about it.
True. I can’t see Nank being pushed out at this stage and I’m not a fan of two pure ruckmen playing together but it’ll definitely be an interesting watch! Keen to see us go back to one captain as well, and would love it to be Baker or Taranto. Lynch or Dusty would’ve been good back in 2021 when Cotch stood down but they’re probably a bit old now.. Grimes went backwards when taking on the captaincy so someone younger for mine

Reactions: 2 users
I watched 90 minutes of training this morning, a few general observations given it was behind the fence and a lot of drills were away from the Punt rd wing.

No Kaleb Smith from what I saw but everyone else appeared to be out there including Pickett and Kosi.

Rehab was Gibcus and Young with J.Ross also joining them. A lot of repeat running for these three. A trainer asked Young how his knee was.

They ran through many drills, a lot of focus on transition and work in close with handballs, as you'd expect.

Maurice was doing extra laps when the main group started their main drills, his body shape not where it needs to be. everyone else looked in good condition.

I liked the look of Kosi, very strong hands when marking.

Not sure there's much more to add for first week back at training.

Reactions: 41 users
I watched 90 minutes of training this morning, a few general observations given it was behind the fence and a lot of drills were away from the Punt rd wing.

No Kaleb Smith from what I saw but everyone else appeared to be out there including Pickett and Kosi.

Rehab was Gibcus and Young with J.Ross also joining them. A lot of repeat running for these three. A trainer asked Young how his knee was.

They ran through many drills, a lot of focus on transition and work in close with handballs, as you'd expect.

Maurice was doing extra laps when the main group started their main drills, his body shape not where it needs to be. everyone else looked in good condition.

90 mins??
Are you sure you didn't go into the pub??
We want to know who's 'burning the track'
And who's the ones that are struggling.
I'm shocked Rioli is still on the list.
But Dow and Ross are still on it to be fair

• Haha

Gibcus and Young doing rehab running on Monday, though both looked comfortable with it.
Agree on MRioli

Watched about 20 mins. Less concerned about Maurice, He looks better than last year. Quite impressed with Mate. He has got leaner and can move. There was a clear focus in the transition drill to get into the corridor. The patterns and switches that they were working and getting the players to work on was interesting. Also interesting was the focus on skills as a missed kick was an immediate turnover.

Ohh and @caesar Suki was devo, she was running round looking for you. Sulked for 30 mins when she couldn't find you. :)

Reactions: 24 users

I was told my poor eye sight was from watching sbs and reading subtitles while horizontal for extended periods. I suppose that’s a more acceptable diagnosis than choking the chookitis.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users