2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Canadian company

Thankfully for Stone, Bowler and their teams, the new CBA has made the task somewhat easier. The AFLPA agreed to a maximum of three five-day breaks from next season, up from one under the current deal. That will allow for more Thursday night football across the life of the new $4.5 billion - $643 million per season – broadcast rights deal that starts in 2025.

end of the day we play once a weekend over the season.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
5 day break after playing in QLD, in Summer, in the middle of the day.
In round 1 when they could have fixtured round zero anytime they wanted.

What the faaaaark?
But they couldn’t have it the same week the nrl’s attention is focused elsewhere. It’s a bloody joke.

Who does the AFL draw?
mr narrins GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Any updates from today?
Yes. Here are some random observations.
There was a full four quarter match sim. Teams were preferred backs and forwards in yellow with the midfielders evenly divided between red and yellow. Dusty played mostly mid for a half in yellow and Taranto and Hopper in the red. Dow was in yellow.
Yellow had a narrow win by 8 points which were 8 behinds. The wind was a little gusty so i will allow some inaccuracy.
Shai - great 4 quarter performance. Did as he pleased. As one of the trainers said “he’s bored and just wants to start playing”. BOG over the 4 qtrs.
Dusty. -Wow. Just wow. Absolutely dominated for a half then sat out the rest of the game. He’s in Brownlow form. (Wink, wink)
Nank head to head with Naismith was a good battle. Points were even.
in no particular order - The wing role battle is heating up. Pickett was good, Kamdyn started slow but was good second half, Banks a bit quieter but had a couple of great attacking link plays. Ross was efficient and used it well.
Balta stood out forward and did some ruck work including centre clearances.
Cumberland was very lively and kicked a couple and brought others into the game. He was very lively around stoppages and off the packs on high incoming balls. I think he will play.
Sonsie played half forward and had about 5 shots on goal for one or two goals. He is silk. Uses it so well and brings others into it.
Steely was good first half around the ground balls so maybe not a flash in the pan.
Maurice was lively in patches and caused defensive turnovers a number of teams. Back to his pressure best. I’m pleased.
Bakes was everywhere mopping up.
Broad started well but faded. Young doesnt look out of place. Trezise did a couple of things but was matched on Shai for a while. Shai made everyone look silly - they just could not tackle him. Brown also used it very well.
McAuliffe was good but not outstanding. I would play him every week. He will just get better.
Fawcett moves well and gets to good spots but bodied out of it too often. Not ready yet.
Bad news -Fridge hurt his ankle I think in Q2 and limped off and didn’t come back on. I just hope it’s not syndesmosis.
Rehab was Lynch, Mansell (corkie), Bauer, Coulthard, Grimes and Prestia. I dont think Prestias injury is anything much at all. He did a lot of running and included some agility sprinting between cones.
All in all a much better and cleaner match than last Wednesday.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 86 users
There was a full four quarter match sim. Teams were preferred backs and forwards in yellow with the midfielders evenly divided between red and yellow. Dusty played mostly mid for a half in yellow and Taranto and Hopper in the red. Dow was in yellow.
Yellow had a narrow win by 8 points which were 8 behinds. The wind was a little gusty so i will allow some inaccuracy.
Shai - great 4 quarter performance. Did as he pleased. As one of the trainers said “he’s bored and just wants to start playing”. BOG over the 4 qtrs.
Dusty. -Wow. Just wow. Absolutely dominated for a half then sat out the rest of the game. He’s in Brownlow form. (Wink, wink)
in no particular order - The wing role battle is heating up. Pickett was good, Kamdyn started slow but was good second half, Banks a bit quieter but had a couple of great attacking link plays. Ross was efficient and used it well.
Cumberland was very lively and kicked a couple and brought others into the game. He was very lively around stoppages and off the packs on high incoming balls. I think he will play.
Sonsie played half forward and had about 5 shots on goal for one or two goals. He is silk. Uses it so well and brings others into it.
Steely was good first half around the ground balls so maybe not a flash in the pan.
Maurice was lively in patches and caused defensive turnovers a number of teams. Back to his pressure best. I’m pleased.
Broad started well but faded. Young doesnt look out of place. Trezise did a couple of things but was matched on Shai for a while. Shai made everyone look silly - they just could not tackle him. Brown also used it very well.
McAuliffe was good but not outstanding. I would play him every week. He will just get better.
Fawcett moves well and gets to good spots but bodied out of it too often. Not ready yet.
Bad news -Fridge hurt his ankle I think in Q2 and limped off and didn’t come back on. I just hope it’s not syndesmosis.
Rehab was Lynch, Mansell (corkie), Bauer, Coulthard, Grimes and Prestia. I dont think Prestias injury is anything much at all. He did a lot of running and included some agility sprinting between cones.
Great report, thanks! Curious if you noticed Kosi much? Last week in the replay I saw he brought the ball to ground a few times which was good, but did little else unfortunately

Great report, thanks! Curious if you noticed Kosi much? Last week in the replay I saw he brought the ball to ground a few times which was good, but did little else unfortunately
About the same this week. Contested but only halved the contest, didn’t win many unfortunately.

About the same this week. Contested but only halved the contest, didn’t win many unfortunately.
Thanks for answering. I guess with Balta forward now it’s not as imperative for Kosi to make it, and he may not be best 22 when Lynch is back. Really would be handy for him to succeed with us though

Is it a bit alarming that the red team has almost beaten the much stronger yellow team in both match sims, today and last Wednesday 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Is it a bit alarming that the red team has almost beaten the much stronger yellow team in both match sims, today and last Wednesday 🤔
Could look at it both ways, it's great the teams are mixed as nothing is learned from 15 goal floggings from a half of footy. Could also be a sign some kids are ready to step up :)

Reactions: 3 users
Whoa, wait a minute. 5 shots at goal n got maybe one or two? That's not silk, silk kicks four or five. It's a practice match so heat and pressure won't be up to in season standard so finishing work should be at premium level.

S
Simply can't understand why a coach would run practice matches of his best 22 against the also rans n expect to find much worthwhile. Mix the guns in with the potentials and play some proper competitive footy to find out who's best possible to step up and drive the club forward.

Reactions: 4 users

Fkn awesome post mate. Caesar in serious risk of being demoted to reporting on VFL training

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
S

Simply can't understand why a coach would run practice matches of his best 22 against the also rans n expect to find much worthwhile. Mix the guns in with the potentials and play some proper competitive footy to find out who's best possible to step up and drive the club forward.

The only thing i can really think of is that is a motivational tool. Hey you are outside the 22 right now. Show me what you got type of thing.

Reactions: 1 users