23 years too long!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

23 years too long!!

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
Does anyone out there know what it is like for Richmond to win a premiership?? I know that i dont! Seeing i was born 6 years after our last grand final win, i dont even know what it would be like to taste that success! After the past 8 or so weeks, im beginning to forget what it is like to actually win a game, and scream out the 'YELLOW AND BLACK'. So my question to everyone that can remember is what did it feel like to watch the mighty tigers hold the premiership cup up high????

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
23 Years too long.

F.T.C

I was lucky to start baracking for the Tigers at the right time I guess, 1965.
Tom Hafey developed us into the toughest and best team going around. They were great times as a kid, you just expected to win.
Sadly Tom was sacked, but we still won the 1980 flag a few years later. Bartlett kicked 7 goals in the grandfinal Cloke got 6, it was great to flog Collingwood by a then record margin.
3 years after that premiership we were a rabble, Cloke, Raines, Wood walked out of the club, and we have been a laughing stock ever since.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!!!!!!!

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
FTC you will be waiting a long time at this rate and the tigers seem hell bent on breaking the record for the longest serving unsuccesful coach in history

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I still rate the 1980 Premiership as one of the greatest memories of my life.

Ahh to flog the Collywobbles in a Grand Final by a Record Margin....It just doesn't get much better than that.

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
Ypu wouldnt believe how hungry I am now for a tigers premiership!!!! But this starvation will live on for, from what I can see, a few more years to come. I dont know exactally how long it will take, but Ill be there for it, I just hope it comes sooner rather then later, and it happens during my lifetime!!!!

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I've seen 4 grand finals for 3 wins. With the current rabble and they way theve gone in 20 years, I will be wearing a colostomy bag when they play off for a grand final again.