Knighter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Knighter

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Geez Knighter looked good in the legends match last night. Despite obviously living in a good paddock since he left Tigerland his silky skills and ball winning ability were still evident.

He would have been a far better option on our list to a few who were kept on instead.

Not happy. :mad:

P

PuntRoadRoar

yeah knighter's first quarter was sweet, although he has put on a far wack of weight since retirement.

would still be a better option than king, biddiscum, houlihan even today. stupid move by danny we could of had him as a leader for our young guys. ok he wouldnt get a full game or a game every week but definately would have been a option than some of the twits we have bench warming atm.

Seriously though, he was playing against slow old men LOL

I miss Sir Knights !!!

another stupid dudley decision!!! sack him

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Rosy, as much as I'd LOVE a fit Knighter in our side right now, on the basis of that match we'd have to seriously look at recruiting Russell Gilbert ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Agree - obviously Knights protested to fraudly about his negative game plan which is why fraudly told him he's not in his plans. Don't have any reliable source on this but I'm quietly confident its on the money.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Anyone have any idea whether Knights in his role with Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL gives our recruiting staff any information regarding good young talent here in SA that may be overlooked especialyl those coming through the ranks at the Magpies?????

If not i believe he should be consulted if still on good terms with the club.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Sadly Knighter's time at top level footy was up. I very much doubt the season would have turned out differently with Knighter still on our list. It's more an indictment on our current list that a guy well past his prime would be a more effective option than many of those currently on our list who are meant to be in the prime of their footy careers :-\ . Hopefully Greg Miller's removalist service will begin the clean out of our list in 7 weeks time.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Knighter was good enough to notch up 300 games IMO. To leave the likes of Deep Throat, King, Mills, Biddiscombe and Houlihan on the list and to shaft an absolute champion like Knights is a sad indictment on Danny Hill.

P

PuntRoadRoar

here here captain blood and JohnF

it was another sad day for us at tigerland the day danny shafted knights

i think its time we got rid of him before he sacks campbell & coughlan for having more football smarts and skill than our DUD coach ever had.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Totally agree JohnF... another classic RFC balls-up.

Why not play him like they played Brodders in his final year??
Was extremely bitter about that whole screw-up, Knighter was a humble champ and was totally rear-ended by the club he loved. And up front leading the charge was the captain of the St Kilda social club.
These things are never forgotten.
It is one thing to get on your soapbox and tell the world you have the balls to make the tough decisions, but when those decisions are all wrong..... it is you who ultimately has to take responsibilty. Or atleast bear the brunt of those that won't forget.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
PuntRoadRoar said:

i think its time we got rid of him before he sacks campbell & coughlan for having more football smarts and skill than our DUD coach ever had.

PRR, isn't Danny the one who made Campbell Captain? I suppose that was a dud decision?

Rosy, I know you will say it was, but I'm just curious as to PRR's thoughts, seeing as he now thinks Danny might sack him. ;)

Mind you, if he lets Cogs go, I'll lead the campaign to get rid of Danny. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
PRR, isn't Danny the one who made Campbell Captain? I suppose that was a dud decision?

Rosy, I know you will say it was,

How do you form that conclusion MC?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I thought the Knights decision by Frawley was one of the few times in his 4 years at Richmond he made the tough but right decision.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Which decision do you mean TF?

1-The decision to strip Knighter of the captaincy? (I have no qualms about that one despite what MC says. :mad: It's the new coaches right to pick who he wants leading the team.)

2-The decision to strip him of the captaincy but leave him open to embarrassment with the way it was announced, especially to Knighter without warning in front of other people? From memory I think it was in the media before Knighter knew?

3-The decision to drop him on the eve of his second consecutive 100 games straight for the RFC. A feat only acheived by one other Tiger in KB.
Knighter was in the best players the previous week. Danny made the announcement that "we'll sort out who wants to play for the Richmond Football Club" then the only player dropped was Knighter. One player who's commitment to the club could never be questioned.

4-The decision to de-list him? Maybe right, maybe wrong but I don't think it was made for the correct reason.
Knighter would probably offer more than half the players in the team this year.
If his body was up to it, which it appeared to be, then he deserved the honour of playing his 300th game and becoming an AFL life member and he was robbed of that.

Danny found out Knighter was very popular amongst the players and that didn't serve his purpose so he was shafted.

A decision not really made for the right reasons imo, and no way to treat a loyal and passionate Tiger who gave his all for the club.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Rosy your forthright and accurate posts are like a welcone zephyr on a warm summers evening. ;D ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
The decision would have been easier to understand if they had stacked the list up with young kids this year, so it not like the spots on the list were needed.

The only thing it has done is free up a player payments a little.

I still think their was more to this than we may ever know.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
gustiger12 said:
The decision would have been easier to understand if they had stacked the list up with young kids this year, so it not like the spots on the list were needed.

The only thing it has done is free up a player payments a little.

I still think their was more to this than we may ever know.

EXACTLY RIGHT Gus - I would not have minded Knights' axing (too much) if Fraudly also got rid of or demoted the likes of Rogers, Cameron, Dunc, Houlihan, King etc. and said OK we are re-building and the kids are playing. And on top of that he recruits a mature aged hack in tits on bull Fleming.

When a champion servant of the club gets shafted and old hacks are retained and persisted with you have to be a complete fool not to realise that this decision was purely personal.

Fraudly - you can't hide for too long - your days are numbered.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
MC24 said:

Rosy, I know you will say it was,

How do you form that conclusion MC?

Um, I was just testing the theory:

"Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups". 8)

It proved correct on this occasion, I see. :D My apologies.

Might need a few more goes before I'm totally convinced though. ;)

P

PuntRoadRoar

MC24 said:
PuntRoadRoar said:

Rosy, I know you will say it was, but I'm just curious as to PRR's thoughts, seeing as he now thinks Danny might sack him. ;)

Mind you, if he lets Cogs go, I'll lead the campaign to get rid of Danny. ;D

Settle down MC it was actually said in jest, im well aware of who made campbell captain geez.

I understand though 23 years without tasting a premiership i guess most of our sense of humour's take a turn for the worse. :p