3-0-75 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3-0-75

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
If you read the Fighting Tiger Benny outlines the club's medium term plan, which is 3-0-75 by 2014.

This is:
- 3 finals appearances (including 1 top 4 finish)
- zero debt
- 75.000 members

For those at home, that means in the next 4 years we are aiming to make the finals in three of them. If we achieve this I will name my next child Beavis.

IMO, this mission was too ridiculous, impossible to achieve and will be an embarassment.

How does Benny know we have nearly half a million supporters?

Col.W.Kurtz said:
If you read the Fighting Tiger Benny outlines the club's medium term plan, which is 3-0-75 by 2014.

This is:
- 3 finals appearances (including 1 top 4 finish)
- zero debt
- 75.000 members

For those at home, that means in the next 4 years we are aiming to make the finals in three of them. If we achieve this I will name my next child Beavis.
Navy Days said:
Beavis Kurtz.

Thats a cool kid.
:hihi
Funny name for a girl

TigerForce said:
IMO, this mission was too ridiculous, impossible to achieve and will be an embarassment.

Aim for the stars and you may still reach the sky.

As for the how does he know? It's called research and databases.

To me, it's not impossible, hard no doubt but not impossible.

Proud the club has ambition. With Operation 10,000 we may hit over 50,000 members this season. Throw in a final campaign in 2012 and watch the numbers grow. The hard bit is the making the finals bit. We do that and 75,000 will be a breeze.

Tigerbob said:
Aim for the stars and you may still reach the sky.

As for the how does he know? It's called research and databases.

To me, it's not impossible, hard no doubt but not impossible.

Proud the club has ambition. With Operation 10,000 we may hit over 50,000 members this season. Throw in a final campaign in 2012 and watch the numbers grow. The hard bit is the making the finals bit. We do that and 75,000 will be a breeze.

Ambition is always good, but reality pulls you back sometimes.

Whatever research and database they built, I find it hard to believe half a million Tiger supporters exist. What answers were these, just verbal? (as most in this country 'barrack' for Collingwood when they least know or care about Aussie Rules?)

We can barely scrape over 40,000 every year and yet we're confident we'll add another 35,000 in 3 years?

If we miss the finals, then one of the three missions has already failed.

They should've announced a smaller membership base not a ridiculous 75,000. Even WC or Adelaide can't reach that.

It can be done mate.

I heard some research they have done shows there is 100,000 previous members out there that have not signed up over a number of years. All we need to do is convert 35% of them and we are on our way. Then there is the supporters who have never been members. They are out there, they just need to be reached.

I don't doubt we have a huge fan base out there. We are a massive club, we need to think like a massive club. Aim high like a massive club.

Benny is doing exactly what needs to be done.

Tigerbob said:
It can be done mate.

I heard some research they have done shows there is 100,000 previous members out there that have not signed up over a number of years. All we need to do is convert 35% of them and we are on our way. Then there is the supporters who have never been members. They are out there, they just need to be reached.

I don't doubt we have a huge fan base out there. We are a massive club, we need to think like a massive club. Aim high like a massive club.

Good post.

Tiger_4_Life said:
maybe we'll all just have to buy a second membership and a few pet memberships too

Buy a few female cats, stick them in the backyard, wait for the mating howls and then call RFC for the application forms. ;D

TigerForce said:
Buy a few female cats, stick them in the backyard, wait for the mating howls and then call RFC for the application forms. ;D

Lol pretty much, in all seriousness though I think it is gettable even if we were to get close to 70 thousand members in 2014 would be an incredible effort, with a little bit of sustained improvement it is very achievable.

TigerForce said:

;D

Maybe just get the memberships, we dont need anymore cats IMO

Last year I got a pet membership for my GF's dog, might have to renew it (and get something nice for the GF so she forgets to tell me that its a waste of money) ;D

Hmm, maybe we could do a deal with immigration to hand new arrivals Tiger scarves and beanies ;D

If we get to 70-75000 members by 2014 (which, IMO, should be our 2nd year as a regular finalist), how many members would WC, Adelaide and Collingwood have?

Inflation doesn't fit into this.

I really think it would take us 10 years to build at least 70,000. Don't forget that memberships can drop in certain years no matter how good the team is going (all depending on the economy)

Tigerbob said:
It can be done mate.

Well said.

TigerForce said:

Schools have a thing called School strategic plan. It runs over 3 years and often have aims that are very high. It shows you are expecting excellence and always striving for improvement.
It may be tough but if we try to achieve the said aims, and fall just short, we have already made massive gains!

TigerForce said:
They should've announced a smaller membership base not a ridiculous 75,000. Even WC or Adelaide can't reach that.

A market research study as part of planning for a possible new stadium in Perth showed that the Eagles could quite easily achieve 78,000 if there was an oval to accomodate up to 85,000 people in WA. There were a number of total projections, this is the one I remember.