50 Gamers Or Less | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

50 Gamers Or Less

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Somebody Mentioned on a post that we had 8-10 50 games or less players on the list. This is a list of our fifty gamers or less plus rookies as of the start of the year;

*= Players i think we should persevere with

*Coughlan
*Fiora-Tradable
Flemming
Dragasevic
*Hall-Tradable
Hyde
*Krakouer-Tradable
*McGrath
Mills
*Newman
Nicholls
Pettifer
*Rodan
*Schulz
Sipthorp
Vardy
*Zantuck

Rookies;
Moore
Pickering
*Shir

These guys are the so called future of the club, How many of them are worth persevering with? I would Kepp ten (the ones with stars next to their names) and even than i'm picking guys that i'm not sure about. I believe we are desperately short of quality kids, kids you can say are Definately up to it. We need to draft the highest quality kids we can get our hands on into the club (no more recycled players) to exacerbate our problems, we have 6 50+ games players who aren't good enough, plus another 3 that have been good, but are past it in cameron, kellaway and rodgers. It would be interesting to know which players on the above list PRE people think are worth persevering with.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
The only difference of opinion I have claw, is that I do not see Krakouer as tradable. I think he has a real future. Definitely worth persevering with.

However, I think Hall is tradable.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
This draft is supposed to be short of good talls, so Hall is looking like valuable trade bait.

However, there is a huge risk he will really embarrass us. As we all know, talls take longer to co-ordinate, and he is very mobile.

To this stage he's been used as a bits and pieces player and not given a chance to settle. Injury free, and allowing him to settle - maybe as an attacking CHB, i think he's a big chance to deliver.

Krakouer - no way should he be traded. Nobody has performed consistently in our forward line and for good reason. We move it down far too slowly with our negative game plan.

He tackles harder than ANY in our team, and can kick goals. Until last week, had not been given a full game. Leave the kid on, and give him some mid field time. He'll deliver.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No way would you let go of the three you list as tradeable. They have just finished what you would call thier apprenticeships as players and step right up next year. Krak to rotate forward midfield, Ferrari wing or flank and Hally should be set for either CHB or FB hes big enough fast enough and mobile enough aka Gadget at bomberland. Ithink from what I've read here in the two minutes i've been looking that lots of us think that Leon. Dunc and Rogo are probably up to thier last season ( I dont think much of the way some people have been saying it though ). Then there are the fringe players who have been around a while and haven't grabbed a spot, Vards, Bidder, Houly, maybe Dragga and Pedda could get one more year? Thats prabably six or eight off the list, trade maybe a couple of players that haven't progressed after 4/5 years for early picks and hunt up a bunch of young quality prospects. No more trying to fill gaps with almosts from other clubs. The only problem I see with doing it this way is that untried or rookie coaches never get to clean a list properly as malteser was allowed at @#@$%#@&%$#@wood.Hopefully The powers that be have realised what is required and that Miller, Beckwith and Spud will be given the chance at last to do whats needed. Spud gets a mention cause I don't think any one really knows if he can coach or not simply because he hasn't really had a decent list to go with.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Agree 100% with The Claw that Matt Shir should be promoted to the senior list ASAP ;D

On the others. I wouldn't trade Krak Daddy - we have invested too much and we are finally being rewarded.

As for those who I'd consider tradeable
Ray Hall - take out the injuries - I still have been extrremely disappointed with his progress this year

Joel Bowden - the most logical of the name players you'd trade

KPettifer - maybe someone like Pagan could do something with him

Fiora - worth looking at - especially if he wants to go home

Throw in the Mills who'd you try and trade first and if you cannot - you delist. Hyde probably falls into this category too.

I would keep Royce as a cheap back-up tall

And I'd persist with the following
Rodan
Cogs
Zantuck
Krak Daddy
Marty
Schulz
Sipthorpe
Newman
Fleming (we need the mongrel he gives us)
Nicholls - this jury is still out on Billy
Dragga - deserves another year because he did miss 2 years of footy

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Lil: "Nicholls - this jury is still out on Billy"

this jury sentences him to be delsited. too slow, fat and too slow to decide what he wants to do too. Plus i jsut plain dont like him.