How do they fill in September? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How do they fill in September?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Does anyone know the ruling for players once their season is over?

I know they have their traditional pissup after round 22 but I was wondering if the club still has the power to make the players train in September.

I presume there is some AFL ruling on this but after a couple of seasons of extreme mediocrity by the team I think a lot of them could do with extra work rather than partying for the month.

It might make them think harder about the consequences of missing the finals again next season.

Also does anyone know if Richmond are playing in London again this year?

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I think they get their standard 8 weeks or whatever and return for preseason in late October, whereas the teams playing finals return 8 weeks after they get knocked out. So the GF teams don't start pre-season until late November.
Many players (eg Leon Cameron) take on a fitness program in the "off season". Personally I think they need the break.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Also the players who play in the Australia -v- Ireland series get an extra break as well - 8 weeks after that series finishes

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Richmond players are always safe in the knowledge that they can book weddings births etc in September.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
It's simple, Tiger players spend the whole month pissed out of their brains, whilst giving Simon Beasley their credit card details...............then they wake up in November and say something "*smile* I better get to training, Where did the last 2 months go and what's that rash?"

Oh the shame..................

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
They can pitch up a circus tent at punt road oval and do what they have been doing all year in order to earn extra money to offset next years fall in memberships.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
thats a bit harsh harry ive seen monkeys in a circus with more brains than our players or football dept