A champion team vs a team of champions. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A champion team vs a team of champions.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I watched the Wodonga Raiders play Yarrawonga in the O&M league yesterday.

It's interesting Yarrawonga have players the calibre of Tim Hargreaves (Geelong) Craig Ednie (Richmond) and Jason Wild (Collingwood), yet before yesterdays loss were only 7th on the ladder.

The Raiders have ex AFL players in playing coach Christian Macri (Footscray) and Daniel McAllister (Essendon) but no real guns.

What they do have is incredible team spirit. They play as a team, not as individuals. They are hard at it and always back each other up, and to me that makes them a lot better to watch than Richmond this season.

It's the Raiders even spread of players, their commitment to each other and team play that has them on top of the ladder.

The Raider seniors are first, seconds are 3rd (?) and the thirds are second.

All three teams play the same way with the same spirit.

It made me think of Richmonds needs at the end of the season. You can go for a gun player or two, but they're not much use unless they gel with the other players.

I hope we don't go for a larger than life player, but rather players who are a committed part of a team. Players who aren't focal points, but are willing to get in and do the team things.

I wish we could draft team spirit.

Does anyone else here play in or have an interest in other footy leagues?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Yes Rosy. I keep an eye on the Ovens & King league to follow how the mighty Moyhu are travelling and its a fair bit better than the Tigers at this time

P

PuntRoadRoar

yeah i hear the Botswana under 9's are undefeated this year, mind you they are the only team in the african competition :p

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
OK was being serious. I was just interetsed if people here only follow AFL or football in general.

I love footy, and going to country games.

I follow the CGFL, and if I don't make it to games I always make sure I get all the scores on Sat night.

I have sons playing in the Warnambool and Ovens and Murray leagues that I follow and go to games whenever I can.

I love footy in general, in fact am losing interest in the AFL a bit and gaining interest in grass roots footy.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I follow Jeparit-Rainbow in the Mallee League. They won again on the weekend and are in the four. Go the Lakers!!

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I keep on eye on the East Gippsland League - sadly enough following the Wy Yung Tigers. I haven't seen them play in nearly 25 years but still check the results religiously. They are having a good year so far but like their namesake it's been far too long between drinks.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Keep an eye on the VAFA to see how my old school as well as a local side are doing.

We certainly appear to be the worst side in the AFL at the team things - shepards, blocks, running in numbers, getting numbers to a contest, helping each other out, etc... We just don't jell.