A little about me..... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A little about me.....

MightyRoar

Tiger Cub
Dec 10, 2004
I have been perusing the posts on PRE for the last 6 months so I thought it was time I introduced myself.

I am a 28yo third generation Tiger supporter currently living in the UK. The last game I attended (before I left Australia to explore the world) was Rd1 2002 when the Tigers smashed the hapless Pies. I recall Stafford playing his first game for the Y&B and selling a lovely little dummy on the boundary to set up a goal for the Tiges. I remember thinking (given the efforts of the previous year) that we were going a long way. I was seriously contemplating how I was going to afford flying back to Melbourne when the Tigers made the Granny. Silly Boy!

I enjoy the banter and the info you get on PRE but I am generally unable to join in given the time difference here in the UK. I love that I can catch up on the ‘Tiger Talk’ especially given the fact I live with a Sydneysider whose Idea of sport is to watch a bunch of Neanderthals ram each other head-on for 80 minutes. In a moment of delusion I went along with him to a RL international (the ticket was free!) and have never seen a bigger bunch of sub-humans go feral in all my life. The players weren’t much better either!

Well I have recovered from this escapade and despite trying to convert him from the Dark Side am left to fly the Tiger's flag alone. That’s why I like the support PRE offers a suffering Richmond supporter in this barren (near arctic) land. There’s little room over here for pontificating the merits of Richo out to CHF or how the Rodent gets a game?     

I am looking forward to getting involved (posting) on the PRE this year. Mum sent over the Tigers stubby holder for Xmas, along with my signed No.30 jumper (I still love ya Freezer! Oh, you too Mum!) and listening to the net broadcast/replay, beer in hand, cheering on the lads with a little post game dissection on the PRE.

While I am looking forward to the year ahead I must make a small admission. I would not be completely devastated if the Tigers struggled in the results again this year providing they were still competitive. It’s a selfish reason in that it would again allow them the pick of the crop in the draft so when I get back home in 2006/07, I can watch them live going all the way and ushering in a new Golden Era.

That said, I would be more than happy to see the Mighty Tigers ‘smash em all’ in 2005. If they do you will definitely hear the MightyRoar all the way form the UK. Go on, Eat em Alive!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome to PRE Mighty and thanks for sharing your story. :)

I hope you do join in with the posts.  It's always good to get another opinion.  The time difference doesn't matter, it would give us something to read when we get up.

Happy posting. :wave

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Welcome MightyR.
The more the merrier here. Like Rosy I love my morning read from posters in the wee small hours. (it's often better than the newspaper)

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Welcome also from me. Living in NSW for 14 years I know exactly what you are saying about the "Throwball" code.

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Welcome Mighty Roar.
I wouldn't worry about the time difference, it's always worth logging on. I can be on at 3 or 4 in the morning here and there may be others on from overseas. There's always plenty to read anyway.
Happy posting :wave

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Welcome aboard Mighty, this thing seems to run nearly 24/7 now, so I am sure there will always be someone around to chat to :) Looking forward to hearing your posts from afar.