A rosy by any other name | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A rosy by any other name

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
An introduction to the person crazy enough to attempt to make a website for a small, but dedicated, group of people who loved to discuss the Tiges but were driven crazy by popup advertising on our sadly neglected previous home at Roarpower.

A self admitted technical ignoramus with very limited computer knowledge I armed myself with a Dummies manual, which became my best mate. After a lot of trial and error (and help from kind people willing to come to the aid of a damsel in distress) PRE was born.

Was it really only 2 and a bit years ago that the 20 or so original members moved into our new home? The site has grown beyond belief and has developed an identity of it’s own.

There have been a few hurdles along the way but they are far outweighed by the wonderful extended PRE family who are bound by their love of the Richmond Football Club.

Hopefully all we’ve suffered through together will be a distant memory as the team heads for a more successful future and we’ll have some welcome good times to share on the message board.

Give me a home amongst the gum trees-The personal stuff.

Mid- (ok over mid) 40’s. Happily retired from the outside workforce. Have a sheep farm in n/e Vic. Love the 5 F’s- Family (have 3 wonderful kids aged 22,20 and 17), Friends, Footy, Food and Fires. Love cold weather and would prefer to live in Antarctica than Qld.

Am a chef by trade but preferred the outback to working in fancy restaurants and snatched city jobs to head bush whenever I could. My favourite jobs were cattle droving, shearer’s cooking and hostess for AAT safari coaches. Love camping, fishing, horseriding. Would say gardening, have hundreds of roses and natives and an orchard and vegie garden etc, but it's sadly neglected for the PRE cause. I tell people it's a permaculture garden rather than just a jungle of weeds.

For relaxation I love listening to music, which my kids complain is old hippy stuff. I hand sew patchwork quilts and dabble in a bit of leadlighting.

Sports I played were hockey, squash, tennis, swimming club and sailing, I played ladies football a few times for the Camperdown Magpies..a real giggle-fest.

Gee that’s enough…..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake up now. ;D

Thanks for your intro Rosy, it's great to learn all about our members, especially our very own matriarch. Anyone who can cook is a goddess in my language, would much rather eat the end product than slave away over a hot stove.....
Will join you in the Antarctic, as far as I'm concerned anything over 25 is too hot.
Thanks for making this site so welcoming and family friendly. :clap :clap :clap :clap

What is the greatest joy of administrating and being the founder of this greatly popular site, Rosy?

Is it having the chance to voice your footy opinions without being sworn at by the bogan sitting behind you?

Is it watching the fruit tree of your labour drop apples into the fruit salad that is the media?

Is it watching it grow at an accelerating rate?

What keeps you coming back when trolls are insulting your motives?

Yours
Curtis

Great post Rosy. A good cook eh?? I cannot cook for sour apples and make do with basic food like chicken, steak, fish and mainly salads. Eat a lot of fruit though.

North east Victoria is a great part of Victoria and not far from that great cake shop at Beechworth. You know, the one that always has a queue about 8 deep.

Do you get to Eildon Weir at all? Spent quite a lot of time fishing the pondage and also in the weir itself, when I had a boat. Used to get some smashing Redfin amonst the trees.

Rosy,

Great to learn a bit more about you Rosy.  ;D

Did you kick any goals for Camperdown? What position did you play?

Curtis E Bear said:
What is the greatest joy of administrating and being the founder of this greatly popular site, Rosy?

Gidday Curtis,

I don't get any personal ego fix from how big or popular PRE has become.  I've always said the site belongs to everyone.  It's a shame some like to stir up trouble and can't fit in, but the popularity of PRE is a reflection on the quality of the majority of posters here.

I get satisfaction from the relationship between PRE and RFC which is very good.  I feel good that so many read this site.  There was an average of 1077 people a day visit PRE for January, pretty astounding seeing that's deep in the off-season.  It means that the word of the Tiges is getting out there to a lot of people.

I like the fact PRE raises money for the club, both by people buying memberships who otherwise mightn't have, and the sponsorship of players.

My main satisfaction, and the reason I started this site, is to have so many people to talk about Richmond with. :)

Gray I spend a bit of time at Eildon weir.  They were catching heaps of Reddies at Eildon a while ago.  The last we went we caught some nice yellow belly and redfin and of course the European Carp had to get in on the act too.  That was at Bonnie Doon.

Gypsy I'm not sure we had positions.  More like under 14's where everyone runs around everywhere.  it wasn't a competition.  More just a fun curtain raiser on a  couple of occasions.  I mustn't have ever kicked a goal or I'm sure I'd remember and people would still be hearing about it. :hihi

You've always had my gratitude for pouring your personal time and effort (with wonderful assistance I'm sure!) into a job that I'm sure is more like a full time profession than an interest only. I'm booking a ticket on your trip to Antartica too! Heat = summer. Summer = no footy. Interest level becomes zero. Have to giggle thinking about you pulling on the boots, only because I too recall how funny it was playing the annual ladies game with one of the suburban clubs I used to have an interest in. Exactly how you described it, but we looked like a team of under 9's - without the talent. Have to say I am envious of the lifestyle Rosie. Would head bush tomorrow if work allowed. Nothing better. Thanks again for your time and patience with us all.

Hi Rosy

Doing a great job, love this website.

Is the trainer you mentioned Ossie Bant who his horses never do any good.

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words 33 and golden.  :)

mk33 said:
Is the trainer you mentioned Ossie Bant who his horses never do any good.

Indeed it is.  Though hopefully if he's still training he's had a few winners since. ;D

Hi Rosy

Might have had one or two since, he always has a few horses for his daughter to ride
on Camperdown Cup that are at big odds. He had one at Moonee Valley night races last week but cam last I think.

Ah' come on Rosy, Antarctica before Qld.. it's not that bad, I'II tell you what's humid.. Darwin in the wet season [Oct-March ] and this is their footy season, rain like sheets of tin!
  'Go Tiges ' :emblem :thumbsup

I'll split the difference and move back to Tassie then harls. ;D

what a heading. a rose by any other name ha ha ha more like dragoness from hell :rofl :rofl. the only bit of the rose i can relate to rosmerta is the pointy bits below the flower. :hihi.talk about thorns in the side but i wont despair there is plenty of time for rosmertas conversion to the darkside ;).on a serious note i would like to thank rosebuds for the fantastic effort pride passion and at times downright orneryness. :clap