Aaah Richmond supporters | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Aaah Richmond supporters

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Garry Lyon
1 May 2003
Herald Sun

"They should be savage at the fact that the football world seems content to let them drift along under their own steam."

An excerpt from Garry Lyon's article on the Melbourne Football Club.

As a Richmond supporter, I find this really amusing. We get accused of all manner of things, because of the way we support our Club.

For some time now, I have felt that it is our passion for Richmond that has kept it afloat throughout such lean times. But still, outsiders continue to point the finger at our supporters for apparently not supporting their Club.

However, it would now seem that it would be OK if other supporters felt as strongly about their Club as we do about ours. Go figure. :-\

What amuses me even more is when radio stations ask for talk back callers. They accuse Richmond supporters of being less than supportive when they vent their spleen, however when supporters of other clubs ring to criticise their own club they are considered passionate.

Che? ???

If it weren't for the passion of our supporters, whatever anyone may think of us, the Richmond Football Club would not be in the position it is able to be in today.

True story. 8)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Well said MC24. I just hope that some of the passion converts into memeberships soon - we need the $$$$$ desperately

But I am really concerned about G. Lyon he seems to have alot issues at the moment maybe he has spent too much time with Dermie in the commentary box on Friday nights. ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Koalalill said:
I just hope that some of the passion converts into memeberships soon ...

Thanks KL.

Although our membership numbers are not good at the moment, I guess you can understand why they are so low. It just sends a message to the Club that supporters aren't prepared to put up with mediocrity forever.

I'm sure that once supporters have their faith in the Club restored they will be more than happy to sign up.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Well said MC on both accounts.

On the dermie thing... spending more than 5 minutes listening to this turkey on tv is too much. Can only imagine how horrendous it would be to spend any length of time with him in person, especially if it wasnt by choice ie, in a professional (maybe that's the wrong word) situation, like the commentary box of an AFL game.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Forgot to mention that here is a good article (humourous) on Dermie on the 'good ordinary website' on pretty much how it would be to put up with this American wanna-be.

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
I think we (RFC Supporters) can be a little (just a fraction) over critical at times, however I agree that this is far better than being indifferent, as some other clubs (such as Melbourne) or simply fickle (such as the Swans).

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Thanks TD.

I agree PMac that we can be overly critical, but there's a lot to have been critical of over the years and shows how much the Club means to people. If people didn't care they'd be saying and doing nothing.

I'd rather our supporters any day.