Adam Saad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adam Saad

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Be stunned if we want him. Markov can play the Houli role - how old is Saad?

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Waste of cap space for his role and he is overrated.

If we want a fast running half back to run up the ground without hitting targets and turn the footy over by foot we can just stick Castagna at half back.

Put that money towards someone who will actually make a difference.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
not sure why we are talking about a Swedish motor vehicle, aren't we sponsored by Jeep ?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep, prefer we focus on DES or Markov.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think he would be a really impactful player in a strong defence, certainly has the pace and ability to smash lines but I can't quite see how he fits into our list.

I rate Saad, he has pace and is a very good player. It's just that the position he plays is a position where we can't fit all the players we currently have.

Pointless waste of a list position and salary cap space to fill a non-existent vacancy.

DS

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Say it ain't so!
.... at times he reminds me of Dylan Shields with a beard... takes off then blazes away.
Hope we have the time and the coin to continue developing our own.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I wouldn't say no if the price was right. He's only just turned 26 so has a good 5 years left in him and would be a good Houli replacement. Problem is I don't think the price will be right. He's at his peak and will be highly desired by clubs.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I wanted him when he was running around @ Coburg & was stunned when no one selected him in the ND, we could have had him for zilch.

Be surprised if we would be looking at him now

BTW our selections in the 2015 Rookie Draft (held end of 2014) were, Shorty @ 11, George @ 29, Lambo @46 , Matt Arnot @ 61 and Soldo @ 68

Saad went @ 25

thats called winnnniiinnnnnnggggggg

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Say it ain't so!
.... at times he reminds me of Dylan Shields with a beard... takes off then blazes away.
Hope we have the time and the coin to continue developing our own.
My thoughts exactly......reminds me of David Rodan, seems to want to run and bounce at all costs when quite often there are better options.
With Baker and Short and now Markov showing a bit I wouldn't have thought that we need Saad.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We can't be serious.
500k, not worth more then 280-300k
Besides pace, what has he got?
Nothing.
Pass.
Im ringing the club

• Haha

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
We already hade a better player at our club in Markov who is faster and can hit targets and is cheaper so why would we dumb down our list?

Saad 33.9 km/h, iffy kick (just ask any Essendon supporter)

Oleg Markov a blistering 37.4km/h kicks a bit like a 9 iron but hits targets

Hmmmmmm one player is 10% faster and can hit targets, is your own home grown player and doesn't cost as much.

Oleg by the length of the Punt Road Oval.

Last edited:

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah I think if they want that type , Markov deserves a crack , Impressed this year ,I would imagine comes cheaper , and better moe as well

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
My thoughts exactly......reminds me of David Rodan,

Ha Ha yes!
Rodan ran and bounced a lot. but my memory says he was running sideways, not forwards!

I wonder if they were tracking metres gained when Rodan was playing?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think he would be a really impactful player in a strong defence, certainly has the pace and ability to smash lines but I can't quite see how he fits into our list.

Agree with this, would be a good player for us if Houli doesn't go around again, but we already have players like Markov who should also get his chance again, we have Turner and Ralph Smith that could find themselves there. He would also be on more money than any of our other running backs in Short and Baker.

If we were going to be paying an end of 1st round pick for anyone, I'd rather go for someone in a different position or trade up to a better draft pick, maybe so we can get that double barrelled Grainger something else. We do love a double barrelled surname.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Surely our list requirements are for key position players, not flankers

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I would take him in a heartbeat at the right price. $400-$500k is fine.

Be stunned if we want him. Markov can play the Houli role - how old is Saad?

They're completely different players for mine. And Saad is a far superior player.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users