AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

spook said:
Easy and myself and maybe a couple of others have a fair bit to gain from a Richmond-GWS granny, but those hopes took a hit yesterday. I think a fit GWS has the best hope of beating us, and therefore our premiership chances increased, so I'm conflicted (I will take the flag over the money). GWS now can't make the top 4, and if they finish 6th or 7th we would have to lose our first final for our quinella to stay alive.

So, we need GWS to beat Melbourne next week. If they do, they will finish 5th and get a home final almost certainly against Port (unless the Dees beat West Coast, then it will be them or Geelong). If the Giants win that match, they will play the team we beat in the qually, either Sydney or Hawthorn. No injuries, they win that and likely face a prelim in Perth.

You never cash out, but I'm glad I've already laid off/backed other scenarios to ensure a profit whatever happens.

Appreciate that analyses spook.

Im hungover as a *smile* and feel lost

spook said:
Easy and myself and maybe a couple of others have a fair bit to gain from a Richmond-GWS granny, but those hopes took a hit yesterday. I think a fit GWS has the best hope of beating us, and therefore our premiership chances increased, so I'm conflicted (I will take the flag over the money). GWS now can't make the top 4, and if they finish 6th or 7th we would have to lose our first final for our quinella to stay alive.

So, we need GWS to beat Melbourne next week. If they do, they will finish 5th and get a home final almost certainly against Port (unless the Dees beat West Coast, then it will be them or Geelong). If the Giants win that match, they will play the team we beat in the qually, either Sydney or Hawthorn. No injuries, they win that and likely face a prelim in Perth.

You never cash out, but I'm glad I've already laid off/backed other scenarios to ensure a profit whatever happens.

Took a few days to recover from my hangover, procured at Snakes 21st.

Thankfully, my optimism has returned, and I think the sydney loss could turn out in our favour spooky 'ol son.

I think GWS, with Kelly back in, will beat Melbourne after they won their grand final last week. In fact, at $2.8, I think its one of the bets of the season.

Like you say, putting them firmly in the other half of the draw.

With Toby Greene (Who I rate as important as Jack Reiwoldt), Williams (houli) and Lids (grigga) to come in for an elimination final, and not an overly difficult path into a prelim against WC or Pies (WC for me),

We can still dare dream of a premiership with substantial fiscal passionfruit icing.

The bookies will meet all my September expenses in the event of 1. Tigers winning the VFL flag, 2. Richmond V WC gf, and/or 3. Richmond V Sydney gf (I am exposed to the pies)

well Ive got to hand it to the bookies.

I thought they had dementia on the Tiger GWS quin odds.

But they understood that GWS are soft and lazy.

In fact, they are so extreme in these attributes, they can make melbourne look tough, fast and industrious

They will never make a GF with this list.

Bookies laid 'em. Clever.

At the start of the year I put $20 on Jack Graham to win the rising star.

At the same time I put $10 on Jack Riewoldt to win the Coleman at $34. Hard to believe those odds.

MB78 said:
At the start of the year I put $20 on Jack Graham to win the rising star.

At the same time I put $10 on Jack Riewoldt to win the Coleman at $34. Hard to believe those odds.

That's a good bet MB78, i got Jack at $15 the Monday before the Suns game. Also got Stephenson at $13 after round 4 to win the rising star.

tigerman said:
That's a good bet MB78, i got Jack at $15 the Monday before the Suns game. Also got Stephenson at $13 after round 4 to win the rising star.

good punting fellas :fing32

all my gf quin partners are currently in the same side of the draw, except WC ($8).

also took the tiger VFL/AFL double @ $7

last two irons in the footy fire, but feel pretty good about both of them. lm in a very healthy, unassailable position, from the fulcrum of my whole punting season ; tigers highest vic side bet

my cuz has a decent chunk of tigers coleman/brownlow/flag treble live @$200!!!

tigerman said:

Got the Coleman and Rising star, now for the Tigers v Pies and Tigers V Dees Quinella.

Great pluck, might have some too. Nice tip.

29 possessions, most for Richmond, gotta be a chance.

Have taken Himmelberg at $26, Mihocek at $21 and Weideman at $15 to be the leading finals goal kickers.

tigerman said:
Have taken Himmelberg at $26, Mihocek at $21 and Weideman at $15 to be the leading finals goal kickers.

Weideman is a hack.

MD Jazz said:
Weideman is a hack.

Yes he's no Jack that's for sure, however he kicked 3 last week and has 2 goals tonight and is the leading goal kicker in the finals thus far.

Got $51 in April for the Pies to win the flag, so I'll be roaring for the Scum on Saturday.
Have just taken the Eagles with favourites in the wafl and sanfl grand final as a way of laying off.