AFL player interviews | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL player interviews

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Does anyone enjoy AFL players being interviewed? I find it an exercise in futility these days. They all have the same "media training" standard replies to everything.
The only aspect I do find amusing is to listen for their cliche words. In the past it was good old "yeah no". But there is a new one...
Listen to players and count the times they say "obviously". The other one I enjoy is "probably definitely", heard a few of these recently!
Anyone agree or do you actually like to hear what the players have to say?

totally agree, though i reckon our Jack and Rance are an exception. It actually sounds like they're talking and not just your standard regurgitated answers.

Interesting insights are provided too rarely for me to bother. Mum always loved KB because he spoke so well compared with most other players of that era.

Yeah.... Nah, The boys.... structures.....process....the boys.........the boys.........nah........yeah........ structures........our 4 walls......... everyones working hard......the boys.....yeah......nah ...........thanks

I saw Rance spruiking his book on ABC morning show the other day.

Gee he speaks well!

:clap :clap

So much about footy has got boring nowadays.
Far too many talking heads saying so little.
I just like watching the games.

craig said:
Yeah.... Nah, The boys.... structures.....process....the boys.........the boys.........nah........yeah........ structures........our 4 walls......... everyones working hard......the boys.....yeah......nah ...........thanks

"Thanks for having me"...."we know (team) is a quality side"....

Does anyone enjoy AFL players being interviewed? I find it an exercise in futility these days. They all have the same "media training" standard replies to everything.
The only aspect I do find amusing is to listen for their cliche words. In the past it was good old "yeah no". But there is a new one...
Listen to players and count the times they say "obviously". The other one I enjoy is "probably definitely", heard a few of these recently!
All credit to Mex, he’s a good poster we new he’d come out hard.

Wouldn't have much to talk about if there was radio silence though.