AGM December 9th | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AGM December 9th

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I am sure I had seen an AGM thread but buggered if I can find it, anyway

and

There will be no Richmond Board election in 2019 after President Peggy O’Neal and Vice-President Emmett Dunne were returned unopposed.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
This board would have gone into meltdown if this happened 5 years ago. In fact I think it did.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
And again no information on who is the appointed director.
Should be announced at the same time as the elected ones.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Am I hearing right we had nearly $100m turnover this year.

Last edited:

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I thought there were max terms for people on the board. Funny how BS that was. LOL. Complete mockery. LOL. Next.....

Yep, the club couldnt be in a better place than it is. I am happy dont get me wrong.

I think with all the changes that have taken place, I dont see anyone now applying to join the board. Members dont have the rights anymore and really they should just cancel all future meetings as its a waste of time & resources.

Might as well bury all these board threads for good as no-one truly has any influence. Complete waste of time.

At least the premiership have come. So rapt and over the moon.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I thought there were max terms for people on the board. Funny how BS that was. LOL. Complete mockery. LOL. Next.....

Yep, the club couldnt be in a better place than it is. I am happy dont get me wrong.

I think with all the changes that have taken place, I dont see anyone now applying to join the board. Members dont have the rights anymore and really they should just cancel all future meetings as its a waste of time & resources.

Might as well bury all these board threads for good as no-one truly has any influence. Complete waste of time.

At least the premiership have come. So rapt and over the moon.
WE HAVE EXATLY THE SAME VOTING RIGHTS AS PREVIOUS ??, oops, apologies for caps !!

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
WE HAVE EXATLY THE SAME VOTING RIGHTS AS PREVIOUS ??, oops, apologies for caps !!
Dont care re caps, or whatever. Each to their own. No stress.

Meant re calling extrodinary meetings. Push for change that last change. Shouldve clarified. My bad

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
NOT TRUE (caps meant in response so no need to re-type or apologize in hindsight)

BTW I've always loved that phrase "better to ask for forgiveness than permission".

2011 - Appointment of 1/3 of board.
2017 - Limit for EGM (usually for spill of the board) raised from 100 to 5%.
2016 - Limit for member motions (usually for spill of board) also raised from IIRC 10 to 5%.
2011 - Introduction of candidate vetting by Nominations Committee (4 members, including 3 directors).
2011 - Election By-Laws removed from Constitution to be controlled solely by the board.
2016 - Election By-Laws changed to mostly reflect a limit on the use of Electronic campaigning ie website by Simon Wallace. Subsequent failure to follow these rules by the club's Returning Officer - use of name, images, logos and use of club facilities to campaign for incumbents but not aspirants.

That's enough. I've got more if you want them.

Reactions: 1 user