AGM voting | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AGM voting

A

admin

From reading the message boards I get the feeling we are one of the few clubs who give general members voting rights.
I know at some clubs only the premium memberships have voting rights.
Can anybody tell me how our voting works? I've never been to an AGM, and I won't be going to this one.
Do I have to appoint someone to put my vote in or can it be done by mail?
Details might have been in with the Fighting Tiger recently, but mine came in a soggy mess and wasn't legible.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Rosy,

Yep we are one of the only clubs where members have voting rights. Unlike silly Collingwood & St Kilda who give voting rights to Social Club members only.

Every adult member (11 & 17 game ticket holders) has the right to vote. I am not sure if children have the right to vote - I think you have to be over 15 but I intend to get a copy of the Clubs articles of association to find this out.

Having said that, there will only be an election at this AGM if there are more nominations for the board vacancies than there are positions available. There are 3 vacancies this year. Nominations need to be submitted by the 9/1/03. Any paid up member has the right to nominate to stand for a position on the board. If there is an election those entitled to cast 2 or votes may appoint a proxy - this can be organised by contacting the club. How this works (I think) is I have a total 3 adult memberships so therefore I am entitled to cast 3 votes.

The 3 positions up for "election" are those of Clinton Casey, Michael Daddo, and Rob Turner. If these 3 gentlemen are the only nominations then they will be elected unopposed.

This may sound silly but I have been seriously considering nominating but the thought of only receiving about 20 votes doesn't appeal.

Going by the other things listed to be covered at the AGM - I cannot see that there will be a need for any other voting

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
This may sound silly but I have been seriously considering nominating but the thought of only receiving about 20 votes doesn't appeal.

I dunno Koalalill maybe you could heavly solicit the voting members of this forum .....some inducements and a few kickbacks and maybe we could push those numbers up ;)

A

admin

Thanks heaps for that reply Koalalil. You'd get my vote, ha. :)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Let me see ....

Rosy + mellowyellow (exculding kickbacks) ...

that takes me to 22 votes only 15000 to go

I am on a roll ;)