AGM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AGM

Ellyse

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2004
Sunbury
Hey everyone, just back from tonights AGM.
All players were in attendance bar 2 who were ill.
Clinton Casey then introduced the board members, talked a little about the financial report and last year's disappointing season, then about a few of the new events and deals that will occur-such as Family Day on the Sunday after the Grand Final, the deal with Bridge Road Traders Association, Motorolla's sponsorship and Channel Ten will also be working closely with the RFC this year.
One member of the board then spoke about the financial losses, explaining on field performances did let us down, but also the losses from the two clubs cost us. A lot of the losses seem to come from the No Smoking legislation that came into effect. They have changed the business structure and are hoping to improve the situation.
Some members then voiced their opinions on how financial worries could be helped.
Clinton Casey then introduced the new members of the board, and thanked Tony Jewell for his commitment and contributions to the club during his time. He then announced that Club Dr Bradshaw had left to work at Fulham Soccer Club in the UK, and they were proud and thankful for him.
Danny Frawley then said a few words, stating we performed unacceptably in 2003. He introduced the new players- all still a little skinny but should be right for the year. Some new players will be making 'cameo appearances' during the year. Then the 2003 award winners were called up to the stage. Danny said he was proud of the whole team, they are all 'knuckling down, keeping their heads over the ball' and really looking forward to improve on last season and gain more respect.
The Life Memberships were presented, to Darren Gaspar, Michael Perry and Minogue which was accepted by his grandson.
The floor was then opened to members. One asked why the financial report was not available on the internet. Clinton Casy replied that the Club's financial report was available to everyone-they just had to ring the club. The member asked again why it wasnt on the internet to hear the same reply. He eventually said it will be available on the internet shortly. Another member asked the club's position on Sydney and Brisbane's extra financial help from the AFL. Clinton stated the club thought it was unfair and are hoping to do something about within the next 3 years or so.
The meeting ending with the club song.

I am glad that the people who stood for election and missed out never got on as it would of been embrassing for all concerned.
Overall a exellent night with Clinton Casey speaking facts and not crap and Danny Frawleys speech was excellent as well.

Thanks people, good work. 8)

Did anyone ask about the 'extras' or 'other' cost that took up about a third of the budget last year? Someone on a different thread said they planned on asking that.

Yes ,that was explained,i think you might be talking about the extra staff that were employed,office and membership I believe ??

No jackstar. What I was talking about is in the budget, they have an 'extras' column. Last year our 'extras' made up just under a third of the budget (the most of any club).
Basically what we are asking is EXACTLY what makes up those 'extras' and why can't they be broken down so we can see where the money is going. One third of the budget is a lot of money to just write off as 'extras'.

jackstar said:
I am glad that the people who stood for election and missed out never got on as it would of been embrassing for all concerned.

Why?

jackstar said:
Overall a exellent night with Clinton Casey speaking facts and not crap and Danny Frawleys speech was excellent as well.

With all due respect thats a joke. Frawley's second sentence went straight into injuries and basically said that it affected our season..........lie #1.

Casey was like a worm under the microscope.....he didnt look comftable on stage when asked some questions and started the night by arriving late and still not properly dressed as he was buttoning up on stage. These little things all make a difference at the end of the day when they are trying to present themselves to us in a certain way.

Dissapointing turn-out....and a serious lack of youth. I really felt weird being there being the ripe age of 22.

Yeah, I think that for this club to be successful — nay, if we are to win our 11th premiership anytime in the next 100 years, it is absolutely crucial that the President's shirt is buttoned up. ::)

I am certain we have the right people on our board. All questions were answered properly and personally I got sick of David Clayton getting up asking questions only to push his own profile. The Elderly lady who got up probably aged about 80 put David in his place in regards to the issue with the extra $40 for the membership ticket was fantastic.
It was of interest of well that most of the questions that were put forward were from people who had missed being elected.
These questions could of been answered in a different enviroment ..
The guy who got up about the financial report was given an answer but persisted in asking the same question. If you want the report, ring the club and they will give it too you., its that easy
The club is acting in the best interests to all with major sponsors being involved which now includes Channel 10
It was also of interest that for those who bag the president that his Mum and Dad were present and they actually do barrack for Richmond.
As for OM 21 saying the night was a joke, thats your opinion.

Was it explained what the involvement with Ch 10 is?

NOw lets get a few things straight:

1) I never said the night was a joke;
2) I felt that at times there was acts of unprofessionalism. Dean3, you may not care about presenting yourself, but last night is probably one of the rare opportunities that a club gets to speak on an open forum to the club and its basically their chance to show us how they are going......simple things like turning up late is not good enough. If we are able to make it there on time, so can the leader of our club.

3) Yes we do have some right people on the board, i agree;
4) How did the elderly lady prove him wrong? So we pay an extra $40 to vote? How is that putting anyone in their place......
5) I agree, some questions were stupid;
6) What has the President's parents there got to do with anything? Regardless, I still beleive he is an Essendon man......
7) Why was he struggling and sweating when Clayton told him that Mathies was finally elected by the members as opposed to appointed like some others.

I see us improving and doing well at board level. But I have a few bones with a couple of people there. THe club has always been relatively successful off the field considering our poor on field status. Which I felt is a major issue being overlooked by the board in the sense that a lot of their ideas wont reach potential without success on field.

Did you see any issues with the age of the crowd?

Channel 10 was explained and what issues with the Crowd.???
I dont think you would find 60 year olds at a disco either so whats the point.?
As for Clinton being late, he got stuck in a traffic jamb on the freeway which was closed, cant blame him for the weather but some supporters will find away for blaming him for it, no doubt!

Ok I will put it another way. Can you explain to me what Ch 10's involvement will be. ;D Sorry

Basically Channel 10 want an alignment with an AFL and have chosen Richmond.
They will be a major sponsor and give the club air time etc.
Channel 10 want a bigger involvement in the AFL and part of this is too be involved in a club.
Basically the air time given to the club can be utilised in many ways ,eg. on sold, used for club purposes etc
You will soon see Channel 10 advertising around Punt Road

Cheers Jackstar.......that sounds promising. They actually chose Richmond. Ch 10 must be on the Brightside ;D

And Now for all you conspiracy enthusiasts...

Channel 10 are on board, including Christie Malthouse....
through this liason, Michael Malthouse renews his involvement with the club???

Nah......

As one who was there last night it is interesting to see how people can have so different views from watching and listening to the same people.

The age of the members present was not surprising. The whole thing is pretty boring and none of the younger members in my household would think of coming.

I thought most of David's questions were quite relevant esp about the club not foreseeing such a downturn in the gaming revenue and only now doing something about it. His other question about the cost of the 17 game ticket was not answered adequately. It has long been a concern of mine that their is absolutely no incentive to buy a 17 game ticket as it is just as cheap to buy a ticket on the day. The elderly ladies rebuttal to that was totally irrelevant. David wasn't talking about voting at all!!

Danny's new word for the year seems to be "collisions." He seemed to mention it about 10 times in his speech. Every new player ither was a "collision" Player or liked collisions

Ellyse said:
Danny said he was proud of the whole team, they are all 'knuckling down, keeping their heads over the ball' and really looking forward to improve on last season and gain more respect.

Yeah nah, great to see Supercoach is has expanded his vocabulary and no longer relies on cliches :p

And it seems a has a new buzz word, "collision", to go with "belief", break the shackles", "yeah nah", "unchartered waters" etc etc etc.

Yeah nah, I'm really looking forward to his press conferences ???

MCG said:
I thought most of David's questions were quite relevant esp about the club not foreseeing such a downturn in the gaming revenue and only now doing something about it.

99% of gaming venues in Victoria did not predict the decline in gaming revenue. Nor did Tabcorp, Tattersalls or the State Government. Hence it is grossly unfair to claim that the club should have foreseen such a downturn when almost every other Gaming Venue in the State has also been caught out.