Among other things we need HFF's | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Among other things we need HFF's

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
When was the last time Richmond had some decent goal kicking HFF's?

We may have some good crumbers in the pockets with Krak and perhaps now M'nM and we have had Richo and maybe Dutchie again at CHF, but IMO we really need some goal kicking HFF's. The guys that can kick your 2 perhaps 3 goals a week on a relatively consistent basis.

Can anyone see someone in our line up at the moment that could fill this job? Perhaps Blumfield if he gets an uninterupted run next year. I really can't see anyone else that fits that role. Rodan is more of a resting pocket player but could maybe hang around out there.

Who do people think we should nad possibly could recruit for this missing link?? Nathan Brown maybe. I'm suspect about him, but maybe in a forward setup where he has bing man support it would give him more opportunities on the run and as second or third option. We do need someone in this role, because when the big men get tagged out of the game we have no-one putting their hands up for annoyance value.

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
I think Blumfields best spot is on a HFF. He takes a great grab for his size - we are yet to see the best of him at Richmond.

I think the much maligned Bowden is also a possibility - he is strong and can take a good mark. Down on confidence at the moment.

The club would have hoped that Houlahan, Fiora, Pettifer would have come on a bit more for this type of role. These blokes won't all be traded.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Depending on what type of players we recruit.... it is possible that Campbell could be played on a HFF. Perhaps changing with Blumfield in the middle. Or permanently there on a HFF. Some may say he would be best in the backline... It depends on who we get I guess. But with Campbo getting older and maybe spending less time in the midfield, it could be an option, he knows when to lead and is a one grab mark.