Is anyone really excited by the win | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is anyone really excited by the win

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I can't believe how disillusioned I am about AFL at the moment.

I don't particularly care when we lose, and I'm not the least bit excited that we had a big win tonight.
I'm just hanging out for next season and some renewed belief again.
I need to snap out of this. What's footy season without all the passion and emotion?

Ian Campbell's interview at half time annoyed me a bit. I get sick of them brushing over footy issues with talk of what's happening off field.

I don't care that much if we have a flash new swimming pool. I don't care if TAC or Connex or Nike are going to sign up again.

I know all of those things are wonderful and for the benefit of the club and the team, but I find it a bit condescending the way they want to talk about those issues rather than the warts and all stuff.

Bring on next season so I can feel normal again.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I can still get excited by a win Rosy, especially a 10 goal win. It was just great to see the confidence flowing back into the team and watch McGrath, Krak, Rodan really dominate a game. I loved every minute of it.

Finals here we come ;D.

lotus2

I'm a llama!
Jul 13, 2003
If course we are exited,but the question for 2003 will always remain why did we lose eight in a row?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Pathetic Frawley has no spine. He should of been more creative 4 weeks ago.
They beat a rabble and will get flogged next week.
McGrath will probably get more attention and less freedom. At his first poor performance he will be replaced by a no future dud like Rodgers/King or Bidderscombe.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Yep. Not so much about the win since it was against the bottom side and means nothing for this year although winning by 10 goals is always fun. Moreso about the modern style of play (finally ::) ), the work ethic and the form of the young guys - McGrath, Rodan and Krakouer. Nice to see some skill from them in a Richmond side :).

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
not too excited by the win rosy pleased to see some of the younger guys do well but very disappointed with turn overs and level of skill if we had been playing the same side with 2 or 3 half decent talls we probably would have lost.

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
I found myself angry at the end of the game that it took so long for McGrath to get a game. We might have got over the line if he had been a forward option in some of those close games we lost.

I've been calling for McGrath to play since rd 3 of 2002. Many disagreed - saying McGrath was too skinny etc. There is no substitute for talent. AFL's not like rugby with one-dimensional beef eaters. The many shapes and sizes make our game unique.

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Sure, you can't be to excited by the win,but I am excited by the placement of Richo, ( 2 years late ) and by the look of the kids. It will be hard for the selection committee to back away from this approach ...If I am right we could reasonably be looking at a very good 2004.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Richo was great tonight.
Tackled hard, spoiled well.
He didn't have to rely on teamates kicking the ball well to him, he was able to go get it himself. There is no reason why he can't play a Kouta type role.
Holland took marks in the right positions not on the boundary line as richo does when he is up forward.
Rodan was great as well tonight, I wish he had been given more game time on the ball a bit earlier in the season.
McGrath was sensational, he looks like he knows how to get in the spots.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
After 8 losses on the trot of course it was exciting to have a win and by so much. Wouldn't have been if it were only a few points. Richo playing in a different position, Dutch's 6 goals, the debut of Marty McGrath - how could you not be excited by all that?

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Rosy,

I got excited because finally we saw some future.

Marty, Krak, Rodan on the ball, Richo let loose, someone (ala Dutchie) knowing how to get into the corridor and kick straight.

The only thing that gets up my nose is that why does Richmond always have to wait until the season is over to try anything new. Too stuck in old fashioned stereotypical footy views.

Be brave Richmond and always be thinking of the long term plan.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Omarkum said:
Sure, you can't be to excited by the win,but I am excited by the placement of Richo, ( 2 years late ) and by the look of the kids. It will be hard for the selection committee to back away from this approach ...If I am right we could reasonably be looking at a very good 2004.
omarkum, we beat the bottom side last night and that doesn't alter the fact that we have the second worst list in the comp 2004 will be a hard grind where hopefully we will be playing another five or six youngsters and i expect we will finish near the bottom.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
To beat the bottom (badly undermanned) team by 10 goals is really what you would expect/demand of any reasonable team.

The Goods things to see were:-
- the form (and grunt at the player with ball ) of Ottens,
- ditto Richo,
- we won without Coughlan doing much,
- the youth and enthusiam of the younger guys,
- just to grind out a win,
- next year is one week closer,
- Biddiscombe didn't play

The Bads were:-
- King is *smile* useless,
- Duncan is past it,
- Nicholls never had it!,
- Bowden is just too plain lazy,
- It just took too long to try something different with the game plan/personnel,

Let's see how they respond over the next 2-3 weeks against better quality teams...

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
Couldn't have scripted the win better if I tried.

Richo enjoying himself again - I though the big fella was going to jump from a bridge.

Some light at the end of the tunnel - Dutchy, Marty, Rodan, Krakour, Shultz all doing well.

I don't think late wins will stop Miller from making plenty of personnel changes at year end. I'm happy for the Tigers to regain some respect. It's important we go into next year with some degree of confidence and "Belief".
It's important for membership also - this translates into future posperity.

I loved the win!

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Not excited at all. we beat the wooden spooners, is there really anything exciting in that?

Scared that the RFC circus clowns will now think "We thrashed a team by 10 goals, no need to make any changes" and i think they are just stupid enough to do it.

Good things to come out of the game were
- Good young talent on display, well done to Marty.
- Won without having to rely on coughlan to carry the team.
- Wernt so many passengers as the last 8 weeks.

9 losses in a row last yr, 8 this yr, bring on 7 next yr :-\

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
diggler said:
Pathetic Frawley has no spine. He should of been more creative 4 weeks ago.
yup agree there! i did enjoy the win but the doggies were attrocious skill errors and fumbles all night. Was good to see the kids up forward do well as well as a mature performance from richo for a change!

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Tenacious Tiges said:
I got excited because finally we saw some future.

TT, I was excited too not because we won but because we got a glimpse of the future. 10 players out there with less that 50 games and look at some of the names:

Cogs, Rodan, Newman, Krak, Zantuck, McGrath, Schulz, throw in Ottens whos only 23, Tivva is 24, Dutchy reminded us what is capable of and he is only 26. Johnson is 25, Blumflied (who I thought did OK) is 25. That's the future - and I like some of those kids. They are exciting to watch.

As for Ian Campbell talking about the off field stuff - the sponsorship stuff etc. Well I get excited by that as well because it means we can compete when it comes to trade time because we have more "cookies in the barrel". And it secures our future - I never want to be like the Bulldogs searching for a sponsor a week before the season starts. there are some big announcements coming up and they will put as equal with the big boys and that is exciting

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
Well im very excited by the win.

I have a work mate who is an eagles member who harbours an utter hatred of Richmond.

I had to leave the game at 3 quarter time as my work starts at 9:30 on a Saturday night (doh!), as soon as i got to work I got abused about the vfl standard of the game and how we can only beat a bottom side. (that was his opinion not mine)

It dawned on me awhile later that the Eagles couldn’t even beat the dogs at subi!! And we have beaten them twice!

I think he was getting in early to try and shut me up :p