Another board nomination? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Another board nomination?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Copied from Scot Palmer's Punchlines in the HeraldSun.

Several weeks ago we foreshadowed a woman would nominate for the Richmond FC elections and it seems one is about ready to step up and make new ground at Punt Road. That is as soon as she can get hold of the paperwork. We've heard she is a director of a city company and has twice rung the Tigers to be told there was a shortage of nomination forms. She has also been told (and we've confirmed it) the deadline date for applications has been extended to January 8, closer to the annual general meeting. I've a suspicion the lady looming large in the wings could be Karen Oscar, the longest-serving woman on Tiger boss Clinton Casey's "Presidential Men" coterie.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
I think if Karen can get on the board, it would be great for all supporters. Karen has been in the past a keen supporter of the RFC and has been involved with sponsorships of players etc.
I would believe she would be able to sort a few things out very quickly. A very determined lady is Karen. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Go Karen.

Jackstar's word is good enough for me, ha. :winksanta

I don't get how this works. If nominations close Jan 8 and the AGM has to be held in January it doesn't give much time for the nominees to introduce themselves or push their case does it?

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Sounds a bit suss to me, like someone's getting agitated.

mmm, cat among the pigeons? (no reference to Karen or women in general intended by that remark) I am all for more involvement by women in all walks of life - including PM! Stay away from politics, Roar! ok, sorry.

Go Tiges.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Looks like the Colonals days are numbered :)

But it sounds like the incumbants are getting desperate trying to hold on to power. Obviously the current board are still keen to see through the 5 year plan for mediocrity.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Phew... hold your horses! :-[- Hasn't even been confirmed it is Ms Oscar yet- Palmer could have been talking out of the proverbial.