Any more forum meetings this year? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Any more forum meetings this year?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
KL

Will there be any more meetings of the members forum this year??

If there is, could you please pass on to the club that the members would like to be informed why the Nike sponsorship has come to a close, and also which company will be providing our on field and supporter gear, if any.

Thanks

DF

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
In case KL's not around I can tell you I was told last night by another forum member that there is a meeting in the next couple of weeks.
Might be a good chance to think up some questions etc.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I haven't read of them planning one of those open ones DF. The one I was told about was of the non-general public variety. ;)

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
For the general public variety, look out for one at the Wantirna Club over the next couple of months. Don't know for certain if it will take place, but it was mentioned at the last one.

You do need to show your membership card though.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Thanks Rosy.

DF: Yes, as Rosy said we are due to have another members forum in the next couple of weeks. I believe we will going through the membership renewal program (costs, rewards & recognition etc) for season 2004. Regarding the Nike "situation" - I would expect an announcement about the RFC's apparel arrangements for 2004 to be made after the season is completed. My understanding is we will not be sponsored by any apparel company in season 2004 - we are going it alone. I think you would be aware of my views on the matter. Like you DF I spend a fair amount of money on Club Merchandise (especially apparel) and I am getting a little bit tired of the constant changing. This will be our 3rd apparel change in 4 years (2000 = Lotto, 2001-03 Nike and 2004 - Our own range)

MC24 - Yes I believe there will be a another "open" forum withing the next couple of months. Friends of mine who attended the last one at wantrina said that Ian Campbell had promised another meeting in about 8 weeks after the last one. Also the Club always said they intended to have a members info night in late October or early Novemeber - I think they will stick with that

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Thanks for that KL, I'm a bit frustrated with the constant changes too.

If we were changing to another apparel company who would be providing a better range of clothes, better quality, cheaper prices and more sponsorship $$ then i wouldnt really mind.

I quite like the fact that we were sponsored by Nike, as both the onfield and supporter gear has been pretty good for the last 3 years. I guess i'm your typical 20 year old, i like the brand names.

Having our 'own brand' worries me, especially after seeing the BUlldogs range of clothes this year, which was limited, and what was available was pretty average, looking more suited to a country league than the AFL.

If you could raise these concerns with the club it would be much appreciated.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
I quite like the fact that we were sponsored by Nike, as both the onfield and supporter gear has been pretty good for the last 3 years. I guess i'm your typical 20 year old, i like the brand names.

Having our 'own brand' worries me, especially after seeing the BUlldogs range of clothes this year, which was limited, and what was available was pretty average, looking more suited to a country league than the AFL.

If you could raise these concerns with the club it would be much appreciated.

DF: I have already raised my concerns. And you have highlighted one of mine - younger people wanting to wear a brand name.

As I said I have raised my concerns (haven't had a reply though) and will raise them again because (and I know I am an accountant not a marketing guru) I (or the life of me) cannot work out how we as a Club are going to better off.