Tha AGM and the board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tha AGM and the board

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've never been to an AGM and have never voted before either.

Does anyone know who on the board is up for re-election this year?

How does it work? Can anyone nominate and then hope they have the numbers to get in, or is there some other process?

Who we'd like on the board was discussed in the chatroom last night.

Caro seemed to be the popular choice.

I wonder if Rex would consider it. Benny would be another option I'm sure would vote highly if he nominated.

For the first time ever I have more than a passing interest in the AGM.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
I've never been to an AGM and have never voted before either.

Does anyone know who on the board is up for re-election this year?

How does it work? Can anyone nominate and then hope they have the numbers to get in, or is there some other process?

All directors are elected for a 3 year term. I not sure who is up for re-election this seaon but I think TJ and Peter Welsh maybe (not 100% sure so don't quote me).

Any Financial member can nominate for the board but their nomination must "signed off" by 2 other financial members. So for example Rosy, if you nominate and say MT and I would need to second your nomination and sign the form.

One membership = one vote. All Adult members who have a membership that admits them to games has one vote. For people like me who have more than 1 membership you are have one vote for each memeberhip. Example, in my case I have 3 memberships therfore I would have 3 votes.

My understanding that junior memberships and "on the bench" do not give you voting rights

There is only an election if there are more nomination than there are positions. So if 3 positions are up this season and only 3 people nominate then those people would be elected unopposed. If there are 4 nominations then off to an election we would go and it is run by the Clubs Auditors not the Club by the way

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Geez I might nominate myself. I have 5 memberships so am guaranteed 5 votes. Way to go. ;D

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Geez I might nominate myself. I have 5 memberships so am guaranteed 5 votes. Way to go. ;D

You can if you want - anyone can at the end of the day.

Oh the other things is the RFC is one of the only Club that gives the majority of its members voting rights. CLubs like Carlton & C'wood give voting rights to Social Club members only

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I say we get all PREnders together and vote TJ off the board as payback for such a crap season ;)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm all for that TF !

Colonel Sanders and Woosie Welsh are not good enough to be the so called football representatives on that board. In fact, both are morons.

Get Brendon Gale and a couple of more atsute football people on that board as soon as possible.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Considering Benny has thrown his hat in the ring for the position of AFL Operations Manager I dont think he'll be in the running.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I say one of us from PRE nominates for the board and we all vote for him/her...............then the board can have a representative from the "supporters".

I nominate Diggler of Laff.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Koalalill said:
One membership = one vote. All Adult members who have a membership that admits them to games has one vote. For people like me who have more than 1 membership you are have one vote for each memeberhip. Example, in my case I have 3 memberships therfore I would have 3 votes.

I need to offer an apolgy and clarification :'( :'(

Having managed to get a copy of the constitution/articles of association (thanks MO) and studying it during my lunch break. I have discovered the following:

For those who have multiple memberships - you are only entitled to 1 vote only.

Again my apolgises - that will teach me to read the legal jargin first rather than relying on others.

;) :-\ :'( ;)