ARC Appeal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ARC Appeal

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Review of the petracca out of bounds arc insufficient vision to overturn a high ball over the point post. Perhaps the triangulation and extra footage that’s not shown is actually bulltish?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Review of the petracca out of bounds arc insufficient vision to overturn a high ball over the point post. Perhaps the triangulation and extra footage that’s not shown is actually bulltish?
Yep, no team will ever get penetrated the way we did with that corrupt decision

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
looking forward to it (F)ARCing up this finals series

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
12 months today since we were robbed in a final.
It's lynchs fault. He shouldve jumped around and high 5 jack. Instead he stood there like a stuff mullet sticking his arm out like he had no idea if it went through.
Andrews looked like he knew the ball went through for a goal.
All he had to do was high 5 jack and they would've paid it as a goal.
We had a chance last year. We were unbeatable at the G.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It's lynchs fault. He shouldve jumped around and high 5 jack. Instead he stood there like a stuff mullet sticking his arm out like he had no idea if it went through.
High 5s and celebrations always lead to a goal being called.

Except when they don’t.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Lynch also tried to kick the skin off it ... which wasn't necessary

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
High 5s and celebrations always lead to a goal being called.

Except when they don’t.
He gave up mate. He didn't even make them consider it was a goal.
The ARC "I cant tell if it went through, what did the umpire say?, goal... Hey Lynch didn't even celebrate, put it through as a point, ok Dav'

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Lynch also tried to kick the skin off it ... which wasn't necessary
He shouldve kicked it. A fken 12 yr old would've put it through. No excuses.
How good were we playing leading into that final series?
The only saving grace for lynch was Prestia would've missed the next month after doing his hammy.
But beating Brisbane in Brisbane would've been the best.
I'm still angry.
7 of them jump for a high ball and totally miss it and dipshhiit Hipwood kicks a goal 2 metres out in the goal square.
I would've delisted Nakas after that game

• Angry
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I love Richo but watch the replay..Lynch’s ‘body language’ wasn’t an issue until he mentioned it in the commentary. He influenced that line of thought. It’s not Lynch’s job to decide if it went through. As a Tiger Richo should have shut up.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
He shouldve kicked it. A fken 12 yr old would've put it through. No excuses.
How good were we playing leading into that final series?
The only saving grace for lynch was Prestia would've missed the next month after doing his hammy.
But beating Brisbane in Brisbane would've been the best.
I'm still angry.
7 of them jump for a high ball and totally miss it and dipshhiit Hipwood kicks a goal 2 metres out in the goal square.
I would've delisted Nakas after that game
I truly believe we could have gotten to the GF.
If it was against the Cats. They would have s..T their pants meeting us .

I’m with you Zipps. Still upsets me that game and the final few minutes.

Think it was Joe ‘the goose’ who kicked on the goal line when all the RFC players when up to punch it and completely missed the ball 😉😫😫

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I love Richo but watch the replay..Lynch’s ‘body language’ wasn’t an issue until he mentioned it in the commentary. He influenced that line of thought. It’s not Lynch’s job to decide if it went through. As a Tiger Richo should have shut up.
And Harris Andrews dropped his head because he thought it was a goal.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
That was always a *smile* excuse for the league, so they didn’t have to admit that their deeply flawed process had significantly influenced the result of a final.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
He was pissed bc Andrews ran off the mark before he played on. Should've been 50. Actually watching the bears they do that a lot and get away with it.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
But seriously, watch the old replays with one or even two umpires in charge. You will be delighted by how little controversy existed.
We never really had the footy on TV much growing up. If I went to Dad's place, we might see the Drew Morphett wrap on Saturday afternoon, not much more....
Is the lack of controversy in the old days because they blew the whistle for everything? That caused a stop start type of game? (Not good for TV)
Is the lack of controversy because there weren't 15000 AFL journos, all trying to build their own profile and reputation by blowing up everything semi-questionable, to create content to talk about for the rest of the week?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
We never really had the footy on TV much growing up. If I went to Dad's place, we might see the Drew Morphett wrap on Saturday afternoon, not much more....
Is the lack of controversy in the old days because they blew the whistle for everything? That caused a stop start type of game? (Not good for TV)
Is the lack of controversy because there weren't 15000 AFL journos, all trying to build their own profile and reputation by blowing up everything semi-questionable, to create content to talk about for the rest of the week?
My feeling was that the umpiring of the game was widely accepted as being flawed. Key word accepted. As such, footy fans moaned and carried on, but it was short-lived and added a dimension to the rich tapestry of supporting your team. In short, the on-the-spot analysis and endless footy show post-mortems have made whingeing the focus.
As I have said here before, I don't want the moment of a goal being kicked destroyed by the anticlimactic ARC. Cheer or jeer ... and move on.
(PS Tommy would have got his goal last year if it was left to the goal umpire.)

The more umpires, the more confusion.

We have now lost something that was a huge part of the theatre and intrinsic to our great game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Thee have always been flaws in the umpiring. But when they paid every free they saw, rather than picking and choosing to hit some KPI about less frees, it was accepted as part of the game. The howlers we see now, the massive inconsistency, it is just on another level now.

DS

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes:
We are second last for free kick differential in 2023. Is anyone surprised?
Our players are either very undisciplined or something else is going on.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes:
We are second last for free kick differential in 2023. Is anyone surprised?
Our players are either very undisciplined or something else is going on.

Who was last? We have been perennial bottom on this stat. Yet, clubs who have adopted our game plan, Flogpies and Giants, don't seem to cop it as bad?

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
They need to umpire HA games like finals. Let the 50:50 decisions go. A higher threshold should mean only obvious frees get paid. Review rules to see if they can be made black or white. Too many interpretations required currently.