Assange !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assange !!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Assange's appeal before two English High judges has begun so is Assange's last supper in the Uk not far away ?.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
No one. The way journalism should be.
100% this ^^^

John Menadue
Friendly Jordies (annoying but often quality stuff)
Michael West
Double Down News
Redacted

All worth the read or watch if you want to get unbiased, researched and fact-based journalism.

As for Assange. He didn't steal anything. I doubt he even directly published much, and yet here we are.

The only reason he is in gaol is because the yanks don't like the truth being revealed and want to make a symbol of him so others don't let more truths out! That's it!

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In any case, what did Assange expose? Assange exposed what governments are doing. These are supposed to be democratic governments, you know, governments who act in the name of their citizens. Surely the citizens have a right to know what is being done in our names?

DS

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
In any case, what did Assange expose? Assange exposed what governments are doing. These are supposed to be democratic governments, you know, governments who act in the name of their citizens. Surely the citizens have a right to know what is being done in our names?

DS
Chelsea went to the knick & Julian his partner in the crime.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Chelsea went to the knick & Julian his partner in the crime.

Dude, you really have no idea what you are talking about... again.

Manning was a whistleblower, they gave facts to Wikileaks (an online platform).

Assange was the founder of Wikileaks.

Do you have any idea how Wikileaks (the online platform) functions? As in, how it literally works?

Reactions: 1 user

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Dude, you really have no idea what you are talking about... again.

Manning was a whistleblower, they gave facts to Wikileaks (an online platform).

Assange was the founder of Wikileaks.

Do you have any idea how Wikileaks (the online platform) functions? As in, how it literally works?
Dude yawn !! Manning charged with 22 offences under Espionage Act 1917. Pled guilty to 10 & was found guilty in some of the others. Assange of Wikileaks instead of reporting the fact Chelsea darling had provided him with US Defence Security material big noted himself by getting into bed with Chelsea & publishing it through his Wikileaks portal. A responsible owner/editor would have reported the fact Chelsea was violating US Defence classified material when not authorised to do so. Julian was all about Me Me Me.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

DS
No Governments work for the citizens they all work for the people who own and control them.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Dude yawn !! Manning charged with 22 offences under Espionage Act 1917. Pled guilty to 10 & was found guilty in some of the others. Assange of Wikileaks instead of reporting the fact Chelsea darling had provided him with US Defence Security material big noted himself by getting into bed with Chelsea & publishing it through his Wikileaks portal. A responsible owner/editor would have reported the fact Chelsea was violating US Defence classified material when not authorised to do so. Julian was all about Me Me Me.
I'll try again... Do you know the basis on the functioning of Wikileaks?

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
My understanding is that wikileaks gets info anonymously.

DS
May be cutting off Tigaman's indepth reply on the workings of Wikileaks... but yes, anonymous individuals upload information through the website; and you can be sure the individuals doing so would be using multiple layers of IP and identity blockers such as VPNs and using TOR browser.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
I'll try again... Do you know the basis on the functioning of Wikileaks?
The Assange case is about the US of A Classified documents published under Assange's watch as editor It has nothing to do about how Wikileaks functions. I know how how Wikileaks operates under the The Sunshine Press banner funded by only God knows who.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
The Assange case is about the US of A Classified documents published under Assange's watch as editor It has nothing to do about how Wikileaks functions. I know how how Wikileaks operates under the The Sunshine Press banner funded by only God knows who.
So, how does it all work?

If you answer this, you will see that Assange is 'usually' quite hands off, not that you will ever admit to it as it doesn't suit your agenda.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
This thread is on Assange & his lot with the US Government so I do not give a rats on your "how does it all work ". Annoy someone else.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Assange is not an American citizen, he is an Australian citizen.

I have often wondered what would have happened if the information was leaked to Iraq as an example, to their intelligence services. If they then published would the US charge someone in Iraq under the Espionage Act?

They have charged Assange because they think they can but I have always been uncomfortable with the concept of an Australian citizen being charged under a foreign government’s espionage laws.

If a Russian leaked videos of atrocities carried out by Russia in Ukraine and Wikileaks published it then how would we react? We’d probably be clapping and cheering at everyone’s courage. But because it is the US why is it different?

• Wow

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The Assange trial is sending a clear message to all journalists.