At Last a Couple of Positives | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

At Last a Couple of Positives

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Holland pushes for recall

Richmond’s Ben Holland has done what coach Danny Frawley has asked of him and hopes to return to the team against Brisbane next week.

On a cold and windy Saturday afternoon, Holland, playing for the club’s VFL side Coburg against the Northern Bullants, spent most of the match in defence but was swung forward in the third term.

But it was in the backline in the final term where Holland emerged as the calming influence, marshalling the defence brilliantly after the Bullants drew to within a kick.

Holland, who injured his knee in round four last year, hopes to be considered for selection when the team travels to the Gabba next Saturday night.

“I spoke to Danny a couple of weeks ago. He said ‘get through eight quarters of footy’. I’ve done that now so hopefully I’ll get up to Brisbane next week,” Holland said.

Coburg had kicked away early and survive a strong second half challenge from the Bullants in the second half to take the points.

“We’ve been struggling a bit down here in Coburg so to get a win up and for the boys to hold on in pretty trying conditions is good.”

Another Tiger on the comeback trail is Marc Dragicevic, who continues to progress well from knee injuries that ended his 2001 and 2002 seasons.

Against the Bullants he was everywhere, gathering 27 possessions in what was a wonderful four-quarter performance.

Speaking to reporters after the win, the 22-year old said it was ‘good to be back’ on the football field and playing again.

After tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in the Wizard Home Loans Cup competition last year, Dragicevic missed the entire 2002 season.

“I’m enjoying my footy, starting to get really confident and starting to get a bit of fitness,” he said.

“So with all that going my way I suppose I’ll keep plugging away and who knows, maybe a senior game around the corner beckons.”

In terms of other Richmond players selected to play for Coburg, Adam Houlihan did well with a couple of goals and Kayne Pettifer, who also kicked two, looked lively.

Meanwhile, for Carlton, two of its youngsters in Karl Norman and Justin Davies lined up for the Northern Bullants and put in impressive performances.

Davies in particular, who returned home to Shepparton in country Victoria recently for personal reasons, looked settled and focused as he got his hands on the ball on numerous occasions, kicking a goal in the second term.