Avatar help please | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Sawasdee, can anyone help me as I'm trying to put an Avatar from a photo on my computer onto my profile but no luck. I go into forum profile info, click on will upload my own Avatar and type in my pictures C drive directory path but nothing. No computer wiz so if can simplify help most thankful

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Gidday CMT.
The picture has to have an URL address, not just be saved on your computer.
Right click on it and check properties and the address should start with http://
If it only starts with C something (technical term ;D ) feel free to e-mail the picture to me and I'll save it through the PuntRoadEnd site to give it an address for you.
Cheers. :)

[email protected]

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
There is an option to upload your own photo off your C drive.
Just click on the option box, Upload your own photo, then click the browse button below, then locate your photo on your C drive, then click OK.

tigersmk

Tiger Cub
Nov 17, 2004
I'm new at posting and had never heard of an avatar before.

Assume you need to have a picture saved on your PC that you can insert in your profile.

Is there an internet site where you can download some pictures to use? Thinking of stills from movies / TV ?

Love all the Prenders avatars and want to join in the fun.

Thanks,

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
There are 3 options lafe.

In your profile click on "Forum Profile Information"

1-"Personalised Pic"- You can choose an avatar from those already on the site

2-"I have my own pic" - You need to have the URL of the picture. Right click on it then click properties and get the address. It will start with http://

3-"I will upload my own picture" - The picture has to be saved on your computer. Click the browse button and to locate the picture.

I don't know about specific sites for stills from movies or tv. Maybe someone esle can help out with that one.