how to u send sms from yr pc to a moblie? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

how to u send sms from yr pc to a moblie?

cassady

You took my dreams from me when i first found you
Nov 22, 2004
Floating
Hi, am sure that one of u will know how to do this one? i need to send an sms from my home pc to a mobile. surely this is possible.

thanks

Cass

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
it certainly is possible.

If your phone supports bluetooth or as infra red, then you can purchase a wirelesss connection that will allow your PC to send ringtones, pictures or SMS to your phone. This IrDA wireless connection plugs into a USB port and will comminicate with your phone.

I have a IrDA Wireless connection which cost myself $8.00

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I think cassady means.. how can he send free txt messages from his pc to any mobile in aus.
There is a way I was doing it regularly a few years ago. It was running off IRS or something back then. The uni's all knew about it so maybe if you ask in MIRC or something similar you will find it.
There was another one I heard about, around the same as the above, the deal with that thought was you hade to recieve junk email in order to build up 'credits' in order to then send free txt to any mobile. It was called Dingo pup or blueDingo or something possibly not even close to that.
Best I can do cassady.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
If you use ICQ you can send SMS's from your computer to a mobile.

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
Tigerdog may be referring to smspup.com.au. Yes you do recieve junk mail, but all you have to do is open the letter and click on 'view' and you get a free sms. It's a pretty good service, you get five free sms' simply by joining up, and a good chance to get more, and it's pretty quick to send an sms. I recommend it. Also, you can 'opt out' at any time.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
rosy23 said:
If you use ICQ you can send SMS's from your computer to a mobile.

Have used ICQ to SMS the missus whilst in UK, was slow sometimes but FREE
Heard about SMSpup but never used