Avatars? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Hey, with those movie type avatars...when browsing on the net and i find one i like, I save it and i try to use it
it's not the same...its just a photo and not in a clip.
Whats going on?
Do i need to save it differently?

The files are usually gif's, is that alright?

Someone else might help out Lancer, it's not my area of expertise, but if you do a search you'll find a fair bit of discussion about the avatars on the Feedback board.

It might be something to do with their size but I'm not sure. It also has to be stored on your computer rather than hosted at some remote site.

rosy23 said:
Someone else might help out Lancer, it's not my area of expertise, but if you do a search you'll find a fair bit of discussion about the avatars on the Feedback board.

It might be something to do with their size but I'm not sure. It also has to be stored on your computer rather than hosted at some remote site.

Yeah, the avatars i have are stored on my harddrive.
I'll have a look on the feedback board....Cheers.

Curtis E Bear said:
Pretty sure you can use Flash to do it...I've seen there's an animated gif option for saving.

P.S. Why the name change?

Well, my previous name was "Lancer Evo 8", which is a car......but i recently sold it, so i thought i should change the name.

I'm not sure if I've changed the settings or if the permissions were different in one of our numerous board upgrades, but whichever way it happened posters don't have the ability to change their own usernames now. I'm happy to do it for anyone who e-mails a request.